Count roadkill and help conservation. Mammals on Roads logs your route and lets you easily record the animals you spot along the way. The information helps us to know how populations in the wild are changing and to act in time if numbers are falling. The app has information about species and you can view your journeys and sightings online.
People’s Trust for Endangered Species has run surveys to monitor wild mammals since 2001, putting people and conservation together. Help us to record the mammals on our roads and together we can work to ensure Britain’s wildlife isn’t lost.
• Updates location services request information
• Allows for saved surveys to be copied as plain text data
Ratings and Reviews
Straightforward and easy to use. My only suggestion would be to have mammals such as the fox, badger, hedgehog and rabbit on the top line of the selection page as these are the animals I see the most (sadly). Would also suggest a bigger social networking publicity campaign for next year. Otherwise, good and I hope the data I'm collating is useful.
Easy, fun dead wildlife reporting tool
This is a well designed app and very easy to use. A nice and easy way to contribute to an important survey of British wildlife.
Very good app
Very good app. The animals concerned could be tailored more to each country. I don't remember ever seeing a Pine Marten in the UK! Still, easy to use.
- People's Trust for Endangered Species
- 33.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- Copyright © 2012 People's Trust for Endangered Species
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.