Mango IRC - Chat client
By Pavel Kanzelsberger
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Internet Relay Chat (IRC) is a form of real-time Internet text messaging (chat) or synchronous conferencing. It is mainly designed for group communication in discussion forums, called channels, but also allows one-to-one communication via private messages.
Mango IRC is a completely redesigned chat client for your Mac OS X and with Mango IRC and Mango IRC HD also a great companion for your iPhone or iPad. You can keep in touch with your friends, developers or get support anywhere on the go.
* You can connect to multiple servers at a time
* You can connect to secure SSL servers
* You can connect using your own IRC bouncer (for example ZNC)
* You can join multiple channels at a time
* Private one-to-one chats
* Nickname and IRC command completion for faster typing
* Notifications showing you who joined or left the channel
* Notifications when you receive private message or somebody mentions you in different channel
* Messages are highlighted if somebody mentions you
* Tab based interface for each channel with notification badges so you won't miss anything important
* Visual user information (WHOIS)
* Nickname coloring so you're better oriented in public chats
* Console for important information received from IRC servers
* User list for each channel
* Network search for available channels
* URL hilighting with support for clipboard copying or opening in a web browser
What's New in Version 2.1
* Revamped UI
* Added support for Retina displays
* Notification Center support on Mountain Lion
* Added menus and keyboard shortcuts
* Share interesting messages on Twitter or Facebook
* Fixed problem with resolving hostnames
* Overall performance improved
* Fixed scrolling behavior
* Minor bug and crash fixes
Save your money. They have problems with screen sizing as the app has a mind of its own expanding and contracting the window size. I can add a server as the boxes are outside of the window size. For support you have to join their IRC channel. Not a smart move, now I will have to source an IRC client that works.
Doesn’t work at all. Save your time and money.