It’s 1983 and a peerless new home computer game graces the scene. Its stand-out features include its quirky humour, in-game music / effects, high replay value and well-designed colourful graphics.
Roll forward 35 years and kick nostalgia into overdrive with the release of the Manic Miner® app. A perfectly formed replica of the much-loved home computer game, with 3D voxel-style graphics.
• optimised for use with the ZX Spectrum for Connected TV keyboard device
• also useable with the:
• the Recreated ZX Spectrum keyboard device and with
• selected 1st and 3rd-party Connected TV remotes and game controllers
• also includes a 100%-authentic 2D ‘re-make’ of the original ZX Spectrum game (not emulated)
• a perfectly formed replica of the much-loved home computer game
• available* for Apple TV, iPhone, iPad
• guaranteed free-from: ads, nags, in-app purchases and other 21st century ‘killjoys’
*: ZX Spectrum Connected TV or Recreated ZX Spectrum keyboard device recommended but not required to use the Manic Miner® app.
Ratings and Reviews
Huge Speccy fan so had to try this. The 3D version looks good but the way it changes from left to right when you press the keys is a bit strange and takes some getting used to.
Great to have this classic on my phone and would give it a higher rating if the original was larger. When you play he classic mode the screen is too small (iPhone XS) and should be larger (or have the option to zoom in or go full screen). Please increase the size or perhaps set something so you can double tap this screen to make it go full screen ?
The pseudo 3D bring it up to date but maintains the play of the original. There are difficulty levels with hard being unlocked after original difficulty is beaten. You can pick up from the last level played. And you can even switch it to original 2D for purists.
Nice update for Apple TV
Pseudo 3D feature works well on an Apple TV. Adds a different perspective on a familiar game. Plus the ‘select difficulty’ options and ability to unlock levels makes more playable and less frustrating.
Works impressively well with the Apple remote. Testament to the gameplay and quality of Matthew Smith’s original design.
The original display option isn’t quite right. It should be made the fill the screen without the wasted space.
On a phone, the Pseudo 3D ends up being more irritating but is still a nice touch. The launch price is fair enough but anything more is a bit of a cash-in.
It’s good - but get it at the launch price.
- Elite Systems Ltd
- 83.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © MANIC MINER TM (C) 2017 Elite Systems Group Ltd. & Brigette Barton Siddiqui. All Rights Reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.