By IZE, Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Browse Google's maps, find out where you are, search the map, get directions with route alternatives, use location-based alarms, record and edit GPS tracks, scan the map for tweets and export & import your bookmarks with Maps+, the map app with a plus for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
- Browse Google's online maps: standard, satellite, hybrid and terrain. Swipe with 3 fingers up/down on the map to change quickly between the map types.
- Find out and continuously follow where you are. Tap on your current location to get more info about your location fix: coordinates, horizontal accuracy, altitude and vertical accuracy (available on devices with GPS).
- Get online route directions with alternatives. Add transit points (maximum 8) to your routes and get bicycling directions, too. (Bicycling directions are limited to US, Canada, Austria, Australia, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.)
- Record and edit GPS tracks (available on devices with GPS).
- Use location-based alarms to remind yourself of tasks that are location specific (e.g. to get off at a train station).
- If your device supports multitasking then GPS track recording and alarm monitoring works while the app runs in the background, too. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Find out what people tweet around you and engage with them in a conversation. Log in to Twitter to view your friends' tweets on the map.
- Add labels to your bookmarks (alarms, pins, routes, tracks).
- Export your bookmarks (alarms, pins, tracks) to GPX via mail or iTunes.
- Import bookmarks by opening a GPX file with Maps+ using Safari, Mail or any other app that supports quick look.
- Link to alarms and pins. Open these links on your device to add them to your bookmarks in Maps+. Sample link: http://mapspl.us/pin?coordinates=37.331966,122.030232&name=Apple
- Simple and clean user interface: all features can be accessed via 1 button. You can put buttons on the map for those features that you use frequently.
Maps+ is free to try out, however there are limitations that can be unlocked with a one-time in app purchase. We are convinced that you will love Maps+, will find it very useful and will unlock these limitations sooner or later. These limitations are:
- Labels are limited to 1.
- Pin bookmarks are limited to 3.
- Route bookmarks are limited to 1.
- Route transit points are limited to 2.
- Track bookmarks are limited to 1.
- Track recording is limited to 2 km.
- Alarm bookmarks are limited to 1.
- Importing bookmarks from GPX is disabled.
- Logging in to Twitter is disabled.
What's New in Version 1.3.6
- Search falls back to Google Geocoding API until Google Places API daily rate limit issue will be fixed.
Note: Due to increasing popularity Maps+ has reached Google Places API limit of 100k requests/day. This API powers the Search functionality and this is the reason why the users are seeing "Over query limit" error. We're in talks with Google to increase this limit. Please bear with us. Thank you.
Had great use from maps+ in Vietnam recently. I find it very easy to use, reliable and just love it. I've had 3G on a local SIM in some really out if the way places and being able to plot routes, bookmark locations, search for places (surprisingly good in Vietnam) has been ace. I've not had any of issues mentioned in Earlier posts which apparently stems from this app being so popular it exceeds the access allowance google gives developers! Apple maps are lamentable, google maps Ok but I'm a maps+ chappie as long as they keep ahead of the game and provide quality like this. The £1.99 upgrade is well worth it.... can't understand posters who expect everything for free.... We've all got to eat!!
Well I like it
I have been using it for all of a day and it does exactly what I wanted it to do; pins on map where my clients are. I would like to see different coloured pins to differentiate between clients, suppliers, staff etc, maybe one day please.
Yes I have had the dreaded error message but the developer is working on that so I can wait.
Amused by other reviewers getting in a hissy fit and demanding their money back. The App costs all of £1.99, if it doesn't do what you wanted it to do move on and try something else.
Poor at finding amenities
I rarely write reviews, but given how woeful apple maps is these days I am desperate for a solution. Apple maps can find directions at an acceptable level, but one of the things it cannot do is find the shops/restaurants/places of interest that google maps can. I downloaded this app in the hopes of restoring this much-missed utility. Unfortunately it fails and does no better/slightly worse than apple maps. Yes you can get apple maps directions, but it doesn't seem you can get the full search functionality that used to exist in the maps app pre-iOS 6
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 20 November 2012
- Version: 1.3.6
- Size: 8.0 MB
- Languages: English, German, Spanish
- Developer: IZE, Ltd.
- © 2011-2012 IZE
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Unlock Limitations£2.29