Enjoy exploring the great outdoors? If you’re a fan of biking, hiking and running then Maps 3D is the ideal app designed for planning your outdoor adventures. Whereas other mapping apps are primarily designed for cities and roads, displaying hills and mountains as flat and lifeless features, Maps 3D is packed with amazing features that brings the great outdoors to vibrant life with valleys, hills, mountains and footpaths displaying in full 3D so you’ll know your exact elevation.
*** Featured by Apple with a main banner in the US App Store Navigation category! (02/2013)
*** 3rd place at the '2013 Best App Ever Awards' by 148apps.com in 'Best Outdoors Apps'
*** Over 1,700,000 global users!
*** TOP 1 App in Navigation in 75+ countries (as of 01/2017)
*** "The functions are helpful; the compilation of 3D maps is impressive." Macwelt.de – Score: 1.8
*** "An app recommended for hikers, cyclists and horse enthusiasts..." iPhone & iPad apps in Test Magazine, issue 3/2011 – Score: 8/10
STORE ROUTES & USE OFFLINE
With Maps 3D you’ll have the option to plan, record and share your routes, turning your iPhone into a fully-fledged GPS device so you can log key coordinates and elevations. You’ll also have offline access to worldwide 3D map data which limits the drain on the battery and means that you can pre-load a map to store when you don’t have a signal.
As an added bonus Maps 3D offers 3D terrain and trip planning, so you’ll never need to worry about getting lost. Towns, streets, mountain peaks and lakes are all searchable, with an accurate and precise map display based on NASA scans of the Earth’s surface combined with the outdoor map OSM (Open Street Map) and the Official USGS topo maps.
LOAD YOUR TRIPS & SHARE
Trips can be loaded via iTunes, email, URL or Dropbox, and recorded tracks can be shared via email, Facebook and Twitter, great for showing your friends your latest outdoor accomplishments.
+++ Load a map in advance over WIFI or 4G before your trek, no internet connection needed thereafter
+++ Record your routes by GPS, all coordinates and exact elevations are logged
+++ Plan and evaluate routes directly in the 3D map view
+++ Search for towns, streets , mountain peaks, lakes - offline
+++ Distance traveled, current and average speeds all displayed for an ideal trek
GENERAL / NOTES
Background GPS recording can significantly cut battery life
* * * * *
If you like Maps 3D, please remember to leave a positive rating on iTunes!
The movingworld team is working constantly to improve Maps 3D. Any suggestions? We'd love to hear them! Just e-mail them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll try to answer you within 24 hours!
Thank you for using Maps 3D!
This is not only an update - it’s the all new Maps 3D.
Based on all your input, we decided to stop messing around with details, we started over from scratch.
And the good thing: it’s a free upgrade for everybody!
The most important features coming with our relaunch:
– Completely new design and philosophy of usage - it’s all about the map. Everything else appears on top of it.
Only one well structured menu for all your tools. There is a color scheme guiding through the app distinguishing map, track or waypoint related screens.
– Unlimited recording time and track number
– Data view with better readability including a new data field for the remaining time along track.
– New position marker in the map: a blue arrow always points in your direction of traveling.
– New waypoint tool: open it with a long press or via the menu.
– Tour start and end points are marked in the map and can be tapped on to open the track information screen.
– New list behavior: the lists for maps, tracks and waypoints can be used to show any item directly in the map. Via the info symbol you open the information screen.
– Choose the type of online map directly in map view.
– Tap the compass to realign the map to the north.
– To increase the contrast between the map and your track, you can adjust the map brightness.
– Change the transparency of the track display in the settings.
– Small arrows displayed on the track indicate the direction of your route
– Use your photo library to add images to waypoints
– When loading maps the preview shows the matching map type
– Export individual tracks and routes directly to iCloud Drive
– New options to import GPX tracks.
* * * * * If you’d like to support us, please take a minute to update your review for this new version too. Positive reviews in iTunes enable us to continue producing further free updates like this one!
Thank you for using Maps 3D!
Ratings and Reviews
Top for trails
Magnifique, as they say in Spain... Or France...I don't know. What I know is -I'd like to test this app in those two countries... To start with.
Needs more functionality
Good application like the 3d terrain view, like the download map feature., simple to use.
Works fine on iPad 1. Works ok on iPhone 3G iOS 4.3 just a little sluggish. Map download of OpenCycleMap no problem. However OpenStreet map slow to unusable, why?
Other providers of open source maps don't have the same problem, why?
Using way points good. But the function of 'Destination' waypoint seems to have no useful purpose,
Suggestion : why not make more use of 'Destination' waypoint with, for example distance to destination, maybe an arrow pointing to destination or next waypoint. This would make this app very useful for navigating cross country or cycling. Many thanks.
Really very good!
Great app and for the lite version you get alot of functionality. Great to figure out good places to go mountain biking and to find some hills if you need it for your running training. Keep up the good work!
- movingworld GmbH
- 27 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2010-2017 movingworld GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- Load larger maps £3.99
- Route planner £2.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.