Complete reference for symbols, abbreviations and terms used in marine charts. Useful as an aid for teaching and learning, or as reminder for experienced sailors and sea cartography users.
- Comprehensive coverage: more than 800 symbols and abbreviations.
- Full content tree, organised for ease of use.
- Index and grouped index for all entries.
- Search facility.
- Sample chart with visual popups for commonly used symbols.
- Favourites: archive your best symbols.
- Multi-language within the app (English/French).
Full international standard from the IHO.All topics from the IHO, UKHO, SHOM, NOAA, CHS and other hydrographic offices:
position, distance, direction, compass, features, landmarks, ports, tides, currents, seabed, rocks, wrecks, obstructions, offshore, tracks, routes, areas, limits, lights, buoys, beacons, fog, radar, radio, services, small craft.
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
Imray are a leading chart and marine book publishers, based in England and with a catalogue of charts for Europe, the Mediterranean and the Caribbean. Imray's pilot books cover the whole world in extensive detail.
In partnership with Imray, software developers and sailors.
Follow us on Twitter - http://twitter.com/imray_charts
Facebook - imraynautical
Look out for other applications in the Marine Navigation Series from Imray:
TIDES PLANNER - tide predictions any date
RULES & SIGNALS- Rule of the Road, signals at sea.
RACING RULES - RYA Handy Guide to rules for sailing races
Ratings and Reviews
A really well thought out app which does exactly what it says on the tin. A very useful reference tool for any aspiring mariner / yacht enthusiast. Highly recommended.
Forget this it is not IOS 11 compatible and will soon not work
Developer Response ,
Hello, we are working on an upgrade for iOS11 compatibility and it will be released soon. Regards, Imray Support team
Great idea, but ...
... this app could be easier to use; the images are too small.
May I suggest that selecting a category opens it up full screen, allowing the images to be larger. Alternatively, touching an item in a category could bring up the magnified image as a popup on the same screen.
- Imray, Laurie, Norie & Wilson LTD
- 37.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © (c) Imray, Laurie, Norie and Wilson Ltd 2009-2017
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.