Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Essential TIDES tool for sailors, divers, canoeists, fishermen, surfers, swimmers, photographers and anyone involved with sport or leisure at the seaside. At the push of a button Tides Planner allows you to see tides for 8,000+ WORLDWIDE locations. NO CONNECTION REQUIRED as the app has its own database.
One tap to tides for your favourites. Advanced users can take advantage of extensive tools to calculate time windows for entering/leaving and clearing depths.
- Tidal graphs
- Week ahead tide table
- Minimum/maximum depths
- Chart depth/actual depth
- Standard port information
- Spinning globe for rapid location search
- Search by name
- Time of sunrise/sunset, dawn/twilight
- Moon phases, rise/set
- Date of spring/neap tides
- Notepad and copy/paste + email
- Favourites and recents
- Scrolling scales
- Coefficients (France)
- Currents (UK, Ireland, North Sea, Netherlands and parts of the German coast)
From version 3.0 enhanced predictions for Europe based on our own constituent analysis system. Other countries to follow.
Worldwide coverage. Some countries have time limits from the national Hydrographic Office.
The app gives access to all its features, but the free initial download is limited to tides for one day. To get future predictions use the Extensions within the app (In App purchase):
- Year on year: use the extensions within the app (In App purchases) to enable future predictions.
- In certain countries get a Hydrographic Licence to remove restrictions.
HYDROGRAPHIC OFFICE LICENCES
During a valid year:
- Italy, USA, Canada (main ports), Australia, New Zealand, Japan and other countries: ANY DAY in the year.
- Denmark, Spain, Portugal, South Africa, Oman, Argentina: SEVEN DAYS at a time.
The following can be extended with a Hydrographic Office Licence to remove country restrictions:
- UK, Ireland, Germany and all UKHO ports: change from seven days to ANY DAY.
- Netherlands: change from seven days to ANY DAY.
- Belgium: change from seven days to ANY DAY.
- France and SHOM ports: from one day to ANY DAY.
Each Hydrographic Office Licence is ONLY PURCHASED ONCE and applies to all Valid Years.
Imray: publishers of nautical charts, books and apps. Look out for other applications in the Marine Navigation Series from Imray.
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/imray_charts
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Japanese
Predictions are based on the harmonic method, using constants from the Hydro offices (UKHO, SHOM, NOAA, BOM, CHS etc). There are differences between the app predictions and the official Hydro office tide tables, as these are based on large numbers of constants that are not made publicly available. The Hydro offices consider the harmonic methods used in this product appropriate for navigation.
Always consult tidal curves and take into account local weather (pressure and wind) and swell conditions, which can have a very significant effect on sea water levels.
What's New in Version 4.63
Fixed problem with tidal atlas downloads
Minor bug fixes
I seem to be able to get all this and more with Boatie for much less.
The interface needs tidying up - I've no idea what to press. The meaning of some of the icons is really obscure. The in-app purchases are baffling. The tidal stream atlas is a series of images rather than vectors. Update, I found the vector version but the maps are awful zoomed in. The right hand side of the tide info page is crazy - what's the moon image for, and the up and down arrows, do the colours mean anything? Make it all black and white and then start adding colour in a meaningful way. After further use, I've reduced this to 1 star.
I regret paying for this.
Tidal Atlas now working great!
All working again in this latest update. This is a very useful App which I've been using for years. Very accurate and reliable.
Nice to see the Tidal Atlas download working again.
Fantastically useful app. Very accurate and in app purchases enhance the overall use age. Quick response from the developer in the event of any queries.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 13 May 2016
- Version: 4.63
- Size: 39.0 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Developer: Imray, Laurie, Norie & Wilson LTD
- © Imray, Laurie, Norie & Wilson LTD
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Tides 2013£1.49
- Tides 2014£1.49
- UK, Ireland, Germany any day£4.49
- Tides 2016£2.99
- Tides 2015£2.99
- Tides 2012£1.49
- Tidal Stream Atlas£4.49
- France any day£2.29
- Tidal Stream Atlas Biscay£2.99
- Tides 2017£2.99