Amaze and delight others as you multiply, divide, and square at lightning fast speed. Learn and practice the tricks of mental math calculation in a fun and engaging application. Study any of the math tricks and then practice them as you progress through various levels of proficiency. Tease your brain with a quick practice session while waiting in lines, riding in the car, or on the plane. Only the basic math skills of addition, subtraction and simple multiplication and division are needed to achieve astonishing results.
Students: Baffle your math teachers by providing answers faster than thought possible.
Teachers: Inspire your students as you pull answers to math problems out of thin air.
Master these math tricks:
* Multiply as high as 20x20
* Square a number ending in 5
* Square any two digit number
* Doubling and halving
* Multiply any number by 4
* Multiply any number by 5
* Multiply any number by 9
* Multiply any number by 25
* Multiply any number by 99
* Squares from 41 to 59
* Round number multiplication
* Divide any number by 5
* Multiply by 11
* Multiply in the 90's
* Square numbers in the 50's
* Multiply differing by 2,4,6
* Multiply if 1's sum is 10
* Multiply two close numbers
* Sum of first n even numbers
* Sum of first n odd numbers
* Subtracting two and three digit numbers
* Adding two and three digit numbers
* Quickly divide any number by 9
* Subtracting from 1000 and higher multiples of 10
* Multiply two numbers close to 10
* Nines complement
* Tens complement
* Large number addition #1
* Large number addition #2
* Large number subtraction
* Evenly divisible by 3
* Evenly divisible by 4
* Evenly divisible by 5
* Evenly divisible by 6
* Evenly divisible by 7
* Evenly divisible by 8
* Evenly divisible by 9
* Evenly divisible by 10
* Evenly divisible by 11
* Evenly divisible by 12
* Square numbers in the 20’s
* Square numbers in the 30’s
* Square numbers in the 60’s
* Square numbers in the 70’s
* Square numbers in the 80’s
* Square numbers in the 100’s
* Square numbers in the 200’s
* Square numbers in the 300’s
* Square numbers in the 400’s
* Square numbers in the 500’s
* Square numbers in the 700’s
* Square numbers in the 800’s
* Square numbers in the 900’s
* Casting Out Nines Digit Sum
* Check Addition by Casting Nines
* Check Subtraction by Casting Nines
* Check Multiplication by Casting Nines
* Check Division by Casting Nines
* Casting Out Elevens Digit Sum
* Check Addition by Casting Elevens
* Check Subtraction by Casting Elevens
* Check Multiplication by Casting Elevens
* Check Division by Casting Elevens
Prepare for the math section on the SAT, PSAT, ACT, GRE, GMAT, MCAT, or any other standardized test. Don't waste time with a calculator on the few tests that allow them. Use Mathemagics as a tutor to quicken up your test taking abilities.
Perfect training for the UIL Mathematics and Number Sense Contests.
Activate and challenge your brain to expand its ability to think efficiently and have fun at the same time. Train yourself to break problems down in to smaller more manageable pieces in order to reach solutions quicker and more accurately than anyone else.
"Best New iPhone Education App"
Featured in the App Store Test Prep promotion
Featured as an AppStore Education Staff Favorite
Featured in the AppStore Hall of Fame
March 16, 2010
Featured in the EU AppStores as New and Noteworthy
December 8, 2009
Featured as an AppStore Best of 2009 App
November 17, 2009
Featured as an AppStore Essential (Apps for Boys)
September 22, 2009
Featured as an AppStore Essential (High School Survival Guide)
August 25, 2009
Featured as an AppStore Staff Favorite
Follow us on Twitter @blulightnin
* Fix issue with incorrect answers on the Divide By 9 lesson Practice and Play.
* Fix crashing issue when playing timed games.
* Fixed crash on launch issue.
* Improved lesson layout.
* Various minor fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Brilliant App to increase mental calculation speed.
As far as quick nifty little apps go, this is up there, its lessons are to the point and concise. The topics covered are very useful and can be applied quickly.
I find it interesting how people complain 'you wont need to do this without a calculator anyway'. The reliance on a calculator merely makes you dependant on it, what happens when it isnt there? This app provides shortcut written and mental methods (the more practice, the more fall into the latter catagory). Extras can be purchased (for next to nothing) and what you get in the base package is good as it is.
It is very easy just to use on the bus/train during the commute and I would recommend it. Anyone taking maths or using it daily should get this app, definately worth it.
The 20 lessons are great, hope there will be more available in the future. This app really helps me save time doing math questions. I'm now able to bigger math questions without using a calculator or even pen and paper.
There is still room for improvement. I think there should be a quiz option which takes random questions from each section and for every wrong answer, it should then tell you which lessons to review. I also think there should also be the option of using multiple choice or writting the answer out.
Other than that it is a great app to train ones mind!
Superb app, interface is simple but great, nice graphics.
There is only 20 lessons which don't take long to learn. However, I'm not sure how many maths tricks there are out there, but the practice multiple choice give it some good replay value so you'll keep coming back to keep your brain in check.
It's astonishing how quickly you pick the tricks up and how effective they are, would be nice to see some more lessons in future updates, but fantastic none the less. Wish there were more apps like this on the appstore, a definate must buy!
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.