Maths, age 3-5
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
'Maths, age 3-5' helps your child to reach their full potential in maths.
Trials by the The University of Nottingham showed children moving ahead in maths by 18 months, in just 6 weeks of using this app. The first maths app in our series, it is already a hit with children and parents all over the world.
What’s more, as a nonprofit organisation, we use the proceeds from our apps to help deliver education to children in Malawi.
The first topic in 'Maths, age 3-5’ is free, so you and your child can try it out. Further topics can be unlocked through in-app purchase.
'Maths, age 3-5’ features:
- 10 core topics for the early years of school, with over 80 activities
- a teacher figure, who shows ‘how to’
- variety, and fun
- progression, and plenty of practice
- a quiz at the end of each topic, with a certificate
- a ‘naming’ button, to personalise the app for your child.
1 Sorting and matching (yours for free)
2 Counting to 3
3 Lines and patterns
4 Counting 4 to 6
5 Where is it?
6 Counting 7 to 10
7 Patterns and shapes
8 Counting 1 to 10
10 Add and take away
Most topics are available in over 50 languages, all within the purchase price.
What's New in Version 1.7
- Minor fixes and tweaks
Little expensive but worth it
Year 1 teacher and have lots of children joining with little to no English. Although maths is a universal language (more or less anyway), I've found that as the children are so young, they've not had the chance to go to school in their home country to learn enough maths skills to allow them to join in with the lessons I teach (not fully anyways). This app has helped me to see exactly where the children are and has encouraged the children to practice number skills
£17 seemed an awful lot to pay but my 3.5yr old LOVES playing it and is on topic 8 in about 6months.
Biggest downfall I find is when they are asked to count (say which basket has 6 eggs) it registers a touch as the choice for the answer where she is simply touching the eggs to keep track of what she's counting. The way of selecting in the 'quiz' is much better.
My daughter loves this app! It introduces concepts at a good pace and feels like a game. The sounds and voice of the teacher are pleasant, not annoying as I've found with other apps. Wish they did an app for reading too.
- Category: Education
- Updated: 13 January 2016
- Version: 1.7
- Size: 130 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Basque, Burmese, Catalan, Chichewa, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Macedonian, Malay, Marathi, Pashto, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Turkish, Urdu, Vietnamese, Welsh, Wolof, Yoruba, Zulu
- Developer: onebillion children ltd
- © onebillion children ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- All topics£16.99
- Part 1: (Topics 2 – 5)£8.99
- Part 2: (Topics 6 – 10)£10.49