MAVIS is the ultimate pro filmmaking and broadcast camera for the iPhone. It provides professional level filming tools including focus peaking, waveform monitor, vectorscope, false colour and zebras. It gives you audio controls, audio metering, custom resolutions, framerates and recordings formats. It also brings a natural interface to give you full flexible manual control while shooting.
MAVIS now offers In-App Purchases. Purchase the Big Bundle or choose from our Viewfinder, Formats, Pro Tools and Timecode packs.
- Focus peaking and expanded focus for manual focus assist
- Zebras and False Colour exposure assist
- Manual focus, exposure and colour
- HD, 2K and 4K* recording
- High bitrate and HEVC encoding*
- Custom frame rates up to 240fps*
- Digital Zoom in 1080p
- Dual camera support*
- Full screen mode
- Custom audio inputs
- Audio metering and manual audio gain control where available*
- Real-time audio passthrough for monitoring in headphones*
- Real-time full-scale vectorscope for colour work
- Real-time full-scale waveform monitor for exposure monitoring
- Support for UltraSync BLUE from Timecode Systems
- Global Presets
- Custom Function (FN) button
- Multiple saving and sharing options
- Apple Watch record start/stop remote
- Support Docs
SUPPORT FOR MULTIPLE RESOLUTIONS*:
- 4K (UHD)
- 4K (4:3) - record at maximum camera resolution without audio
- 2K (4:3)
CUSTOM FRAME RATES:
- Presets available include 23.98fps, 24fps, 25fps, 29.97fps, 30fps, 50fps, 60fps*
- Select any frame rate from 3fps up to 240fps*
- Record up to 240fps in 1080p*
ADVANCED EXPOSURE CONTROLS
- View shutter in angles and speed
- Shutter lock (e.g. lock at 180°)
- Separate target focus and exposure reticles
FULL MANUAL CONTROLS FOR:
- Color temperature
- Focus peaking and Expanded focus helps ensure your shots are always in focus
- Waveform monitor helps you shoot with the optimum dynamic range
- Vectorscope ensures your colours are consistent and your white balance is correct
- Zebra overlay helps ensure your shots are never over exposed
- False colour support for Gradient and Ranges with full details about colour representations
- False colour helps ensure your shots are never over/under exposed
ENCODING BIT RATES:
- 10Mbit/s (Make your storage last longer)
- 20Mbit/s (Standard)
- 30Mbit/s (High quality production)
- 50Mbit/s (Great for post and colour grading)
- 100Mbit/s (Great for very high quality productions, colour grades and visual effects)*
- Custom external inputs
- Select external audio input from Lightning connector or analog input
- Stereo audio from Lightning connected inputs
- Internal mic selection and polar pattern
- Manual gain control where available
- Audio pass-through/monitoring with headphones*
- VU metering
- Recording Tally
- De-Squeeze support for Moondog Anamorphic Lens
- Image flip support for DOF adaptors
- Support for different aspect ratios in the viewfinder
- Support for guide overlays in viewfinder
- Support for UltraSync BLUE
*Device restrictions apply. See website for full details - shootmavis.com/specs
MAVIS was developed by filmmakers for filmmakers and we hope you enjoy it as much as we do :-)
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent Video Recording App
Mavis is a fantastic app. It has a large number of professional, well laid out features. The quality of recordings is very good and it's a pleasure to use.
The servo zoom feature works very well, and as with all its features, is very intuitive.
I delayed buying the app for a while due to the price, but after having made the purchase I have no regrets. Like most things, you get what you pay for, and I think it's well worth the money, given the expertise which has gone into making this app.
If it had support for dji osmo mobile
It would be in a different league.
As it stands, it falls far behind Filmic pro with all its issues.
Filmic can do it to an extent guys. Why can’t you?
Developer Response ,
Hi Skruffe. Thanks for the comments. We'd love to support the Osmo but their SDK is in need of a major overhaul. Incorporating their SDK would dramatically reduce the performance of MAVIS and could even make it unstable. Please email us email@example.com as we'd love to provide you with more information.
Great so far!
I’ve now paid for the full features of the app.
I’m really liking the professional features this app contains, it puts to shame some professional DSLRs with video features.
I love the zebras and focus peaking features. Mavis has a great choice of frame-rate, resolution and bit-depth. 4k 60f/s at 100mbps! Some sony and canon cameras that cost thousands don’t do that!
In general the app is quite stable! Had no crashes or freezes at all.
I’ve just a few things that would make the app just perfect.
I find that When adjusting my shutter speed to manual and then starting shooting, I see the shutter speed change from my setting to something accommodating for shifts in exposure. That’s unacceptable for a “manual” mode. Those need to be locked off and not be allow to change if not put to auto!
Another things is that I find the zoom technique very gimmicky. I find that digital zoom does not work for me. I tried to tap and tapp and move forward, ain’t working. Better off have a slider along the bottom across the horizon as per exposure and focus sliders, much more straightforward.
Another thing I find is that when I enable stabilisation it crops in a tiny bit. As the iPhone features optical image stabilisation that crop shouldn’t happen, correct me if I’m wrong.
Lastly, and this is a feature that I would love so much! Log! Or at least a flat/neutral color profile would be a dream.
I know filmic pro has it, so hopefully it could be implemented here too.
Thanks to the developers for the solid experience.
I’m using my iPhone 8.
- 62.3 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 WattenEarth Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Big Bundle £17.99
- Big Bundle 48 Hour Trial Free
- Formats £5.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.