MEANWHILE: an interactive comic by Jason Shiga
On the way home from the ice cream store, little Jimmy discovers a mad scientist’s wonderland: an experimental mind-reading helmet, a time machine, and a doomsday device that can annihilate the human race. Which one would you like to test out first?
MEANWHILE is not an ordinary comic. YOU make the choices that determine how the story unfolds. MEANWHILE splits off into thousands of different adventures. Most will end in DOOM and DISASTER. Only one path will lead you to happiness and success.
- A thrilling adventure of quantum physics, self-discovery, and kids getting into trouble. (We mentioned the doomsday device, right?)
- Completely redesigned by the author for an infinite scrollable canvas.
- Full audio accessibility with VoiceOver; every panel and choice can be spoken.
Updated for newest devices and current iOS.
Ratings and Reviews
Frankly a disappointment.
I don't really understand all the rave reviews. It's kind of cool, but it's pretty expensive and I'd worked through most options in a couple of hours. It's incredibly repetitive after the first 20 mins or so. Considering how much gameplay I got out of Dreamhold (which is free) this was frankly a disappointment.
This is the definitive version of meanwhile - easier to use than the book with the ability to zoom right in to the art.
What a fantastic idea. It's like a choose your own adventure comic, with tons of different outcomes and endings.
I love it.
- Andrew Plotkin
- 57.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2012-8 Zarfhome Software Consulting, LLC
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.