Medi-Prompt - Medication Reminder and Log
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Medi-Prompt is simply the best application for managing your medication schedules. Why can I say that? - Dynamic Scheduling!
Medi-Prompt is not just another alarm program. Tell it the max doses in 24 hours and the minimum time between doses and it will schedule the next dose taking those safety guidelines into account.
Let's look at a worked example. Tell Medi-Prompt that you need to take 4 doses starting at 8am and finishing at 8pm, and that the minimum time between doses is 3 hours. You take the first dose on time (8am) and it schedules the next dose at 12noon. You take that dose late at 1:30pm so instead of just saying that the next dose is at 4pm (as other 'alarm clock' apps would do) Medi-Prompt will schedule it at 4:45, spreading the remaining doses evenly and checking that the time between doses is still at least 3 hours.
- remind you when your medication is due even when the app is closed
- prompt you to take your pills whether on-line or not
- schedule your meds to your requirements.
- warn you if you exceed the safe dosage
** Multiple patients
** Multiple medications (colour coded for easy identification)
** Five different scheduling methods (see 1)
** Set your own '1 off' reminders
** Daily pattern (2)
** Safe dosage check (3)
** Support for limited courses (4)
** Log (5)
** Configurable multiple prompts (6)
** Stock control (7)
** Undo facility (8)
** Easy to set up and use (9)
** Password protect (optional)
(1) SCHEDULING METHODS:-
AD HOC: (or PRN) No scheduling for this but still checks the safety limits.
TIMED DOSES: This allows you to set your own schedule of times during the day.
CALCULATED DOSES: You specify how many doses in the day and the first and last times and Medi-Prompt will dynamically schedule to spread the doses equally.
REGULAR INTERVALS: Specify the fixed interval between doses. If taken late, Medi-Prompt will reschedule the next dose maintaining that interval.
ALL METHODS use whatever safe dosage guidelines you set up.
(2) Set up a daily pattern for medication that should be taken, say, every other day, or 21 days on 7days off.
(3) WARNINGS will be given if doses are taken too close together or too many in 24 hours.
(3a) Meds will be scheduled to avoid taking too soon or too many.
(3b) Using Groups you can trigger warnings if meds in the same group are taken too frequently.
(3c) Reduce the risk of Medication Overuse Headaches by getting warnings if you take pain relief more than a given number of days in the month.
(4) Automatically stops scheduling when course is complete.
(5) The LOG is maintained so you or others can review which doses you took and when, which were accompanied by warnings and which were missed. You can add your own notes to each log entry (eg temperature). You can add your own log entries to record any other relevant events eg visit to the doctor. This log can be exported to your pc.
(6) PROMPTS (alerts) are fully configurable, with a choice of sounds and adjustable repeat times. They can also be silenced/delayed for a period (eg for a meeting).
(7) STOCK CONTROL is optional (but always free!) at both system level and for each medication, and will alert you when you need to order more.
(8) You can UNDO any Taken or Skipped entry. Go to the log, select the entry and click the trash can. Any such changes to the log will result in a recalculation of the medication schedules.
(9) Guidance notes appear when entering data for a new medication.
NO HIDDEN EXTRAS: Medi-Prompt is not a 'lite' version expecting to upgrade or buy more; and there are no adverts!
DISCLAIMER: Please note the following before you purchase:-
"Medi-Prompt is designed to help you schedule and track your medication. However, Medi-Prompt and its developers take no responsibility for the medication you take, when you take it, or the quantity you take."
What's New in Version 2.21
Fix problem in stock control with quantities over 1000
I have used Medi Prompt for about two years now. I currently take 14 medications per day, some once per day, others twice a day and finally, two up to four times per day! As you can imagine, this can be a logistical nightmare.
I also have short term memory loss, which doesn't help with taking all these medications. I tried several medication reminders, all with different outcomes, but none that fitted my needs exactly. I then came across Medi Prompt and it literally saved my poor wife from having a mental breakdown. It has colours that you can see immediately what medications are due, with time automatically calculated within it's minimum time between doses. You click on 'Take' and it's recorded as to how much and time you take each medication. In my case, it's invaluable as I cannot remember exactly whether I have or haven't taken them. The only thing is, you have to be self disciplined to ensure you record the event without fail, at the time taken!
I had cause to contact the 'Support' as I had a very minor issue on the notifications. The response was brilliant and solved the matter. Thank you Bob, I'm sure you spent a heck of a lot of time, going through the software to find the cause. I look forward to the new 'App' when it is released, but please "Don't fix what isn't broken". Thanks to Medi Prompt, I can feel safe that I haven't overdosed on any of my meds throughout the day. It is a big '5 Stars' from me and my poor wife.
Great medication reminder app
I've only been using this for a week and after the initial setup and adjustments. I've got the reminders setup just how I need them. I can also use the logs to look back and see which tablets were taken on which day at what time. This is great because it removes the doubt as to whether I took it or not. The overdose feature is fantastic too. Overall a great app. Takes a little getting used to, but once setup it's very useful.
I've tried a lot of the pill-taking programs. All have some missing feature that stops them being so useful for me.
This one is exactly right. It allows me to add all my timed and ad-hoc medicines. It reminds me about taking too many paracetamol in a 24 hour period. etc.
The customer support on this product is top notch too. I've asked the designer(s) for features in the past and they've made it into this version. Thanks guys :)
- Category: Medical
- Updated: 02 June 2015
- Version: 2.21
- Size: 33.1 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Bob Gross
- © Bob Gross
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.