Use the MediaShare app to copy files to and from your Verbatim MediaShare wireless memory system.
• Stream media files that have been saved to an SD Card or a USB Flash Drive (supported media types dependent on players installed on your iOS mobile device)
• Access non-media files using the "Open in" button for installed applications (for example .txt, .pdf, .doc, .xls, .ppt)
• Access the internet while still connected to your MediaShare system
• List saved files in thumbnail view or filename list view
• Search for files using keyword search function
• View photo slideshows
• Play audio files as background music
• Attach saved files to e-mail or upload photos to Facebook
• Manage the Wi-Fi connection to your MediaShare system
• Supports both iPhone and iPad running iOS version 4.0 and higher
1.Compatible with iOS11.
Ratings and Reviews
Easy to use
Downloaded mini version as recommended by other uses, and works fine. Watched videos previously loaded onto sd cards which I had already labelled when copied with no problems. Photos that I needed to edit are easily copied to iCloud sharing, which automatically saves on my iPad, I use one of the many photo editor apps found online. Not sure why there are so many bad reviews, but the Verbatim wireless media share does what it needs to and for £24 it's the cheapest I've found on the Internet. I also have the Sandisk wireless media drive which costs almost £70 and the app does pretty much the same thing. Managed to bridge the drive to my internet in seconds, so that I can go online while being connected to the MediaShare, the instructions are simple to follow. If you need to join episodes so they can be watched continuously then again there are tons of other video editing apps and programs which can be used when transferring to sd cards. Managed to connect my iPad Air to the hdmi port on my tv and watch movies streamed from the drive. No complaints!
Used this to watch videos filmed on my GoPro whilst on holiday and to transfer to an external hard drive so I can reuse my SD cards whilst away. It cannot stream the files at all. It does recommend to transfer HD files to your device first which is pointless as my phone's memory is no where near big enough to transfer the 64gb worth of files to and if you do transfer it takes forever and fails halfway through if your phone goes into sleep mode. I managed to transfer the files to my external drive eventually but until I get home there is no way to tell if these have transferred properly. I was also unable to create more than one folder on my hard drive using this app which leaves little to be desired when wanting to organise your files. I've ended up buying additional SD cards to ensure my videos are safe. I have also tried to view photos to see if this improved matters. Not really. Yes you can view them but the apps hud takes up more of the screen than the photos themselves and even a 5mb photo took over 30 seconds to load properly. This drive will probably go in the useless electronics drawer at home. You get what you pay for.
Verbatim wireless drive
5* I have read many reviews on this item that and people are not happy with it. I am not one of them!!!
This device and app does exactly what I want and at the price it is an excellent device. I think too many people sometimes expect too much for such a small price. I have offer 2TB of music that I stream from my hard drive and this device allows me to do exactly that wherever I am. To be honest I'm not in to downloading films etc to my device but I like the idea that I can stream my music from my devices to my iPhone or iPad and I can do this exactly as I want. I have no negative to give does what I want. Others will say this is not the case for them but I cannot say that hence my 5* I am more than happy with it at such an excellent price. Graham Marshall.
- Verbatim Americas, LLC
- 139.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Croatian, Czech, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- ©2013 Verbatim Americas, LLC. All rights reserved
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.