By A Medium Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Welcome to Medium for iOS, a simple app that lets you read and write the stories that matter most to you.
Every day thousands of new voices publish their unique experiences, views, and reflections to Medium.com, creating the largest, most diverse collection of stories on the internet. With this app you have the cleanest, simplest way to discover them and create your own, wherever you are.
• A simple mobile editor allows you to quickly capture your idea and publish it on Medium.
• A beautiful, dynamic interface guides you through an endless supply of stories from a diverse sampling of writers, from world-famous authors to first-time contributors.
• Create your Medium account with Facebook or Twitter, then scroll through your personalized reading list, custom-tailored to your interests based on what your friends are writing, reading, and recommending on Medium, plus a mix of our top stories of the day.
• See how your stories are performing on your stats page.
What's New in Version 1.23.1950
“Oh, hello honey. How are you? How’s work?”
“Good. We actually pushed out a new update to the app today!”
“Oh, good for you dear! For the Medium?”
“It’s just Medium, Grandma. Your home feed now shows ‘TOP STORIES FOR YOU’ first. It’s the best of the best from your Medium network.”
"Well that's neater than a pocket on a shirt! Now I can quickly find something to read.”
“Exactly. And you can get rid of all of them by hitting the ‘x’, or on each individual story you can swipe left to dismiss it or right to bookmark it.”
“Oh, like Tinder?”
“Sweetie? You still there?”
“What did you just say Grandma?”
“I said that’s like Tinder.”
“How do you know…”
“Ooh, gotta go honey. I’m picking up my Burning Man tickets in 15 minutes. Love you!”
Nice, but could be nicer
Very nice look and feel. App keeps pestering you to allow it to send you push notifications (there should be a ‘No’ option, rather than a ‘Later’ one). Too much emphasis placed on recommending already popular articles. Would be better (as would the Medium website) if it were easier to discover less popular articles on subjects of particular interest. The tagging feature allows this to some extent, but discoverability is still generally poor. I also want to be able to turn off the intrusive highlighting—I am not interested in what other readers have highlighted. But I certainly like the *idea* of Medium, and there are some excellent articles on the site/app.
Awful to navigate & lacks basic features
I love Medium on the desktop & as a blogging platform, but this app is awful. I would like to be able to continue working on my drafts on my phone when commuting, but this app lacks what should be a very basic feature. It is also very difficult to navigate & has some bugs when trying to update my profile. It took me ages & a lot of playing around until I was finally able to change my bio, however it won't let me change my background photo. Very disappointed overall
I want to edit my drafts!
It's mind boggling that at this point they don't consider important for users to access their online drafts and continue working on them in different platforms. You can create a new one, but loading an online draft and improve it, or correcting a previous post? Oh, that's too much to ask apparently.
- Category: News
- Updated: 26 August 2015
- Version: 1.23.1950
- Size: 14.3 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: A Medium Corporation
- © 2015 A Medium Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.