Medtimer has been specifically crafted to enable health professionals to time both heart rate (HR) and respiratory rate (RR). It is accurate and extremely simple to use. It removes the need to perform any calculations, counting or clock watching. It even displays reference range charts for children of all ages.
Medtimer contains no advertising.
• First Aid Providers
• Sport Scientists
• Home/Community Visits
Our feedback is excellent:
"This app does its thing really well. Great idea for an iOS tool." -JJGlebe
"I use this every day" - Paris1244221
Medtimer has been created in a collaboration between medical consultants and chart topping app developers. It is designed to provide the ultimate in efficiency and simplicity and to work to perfection within even the busiest of clinical environments. To use it, you just need to tap the screen, everything else is done for you.
• Work for heart rate (HR) and respiratory/breathing rate (RR)
• Count the number of beats or breaths for you.
• Calculate the rate per minute from the count. (BPM)
• Display comparison charts for all age ranges.
• Works across all of your Apple devices including phones, tablets and watches.
*NEW* A brand new complication for Apple Watch allows a single click on the watch face to open the app and start the timer instantly.
Medtimer saves you from having to hold any information in your head, allowing you to concentrate fully on providing your patients with the maximum possible attention. The timing can be carried out discretely and does not involve anyone else needing to touch your mobile device.
Medtimer will not ask you to sign up to our social media page. In fact, the app contains no advertising or any other popups which may distract you from your task. If you do find the app useful, it would be really nice if you could leave us a good review.
If you have any feedback please feel free to contact us directly.
Updated and ready for iPhone X
Improved sounds. Plus, you can adjust the volume using the volume control.
A brand new complication for Apple Watch. Now, a single click on the watch face opens the app and starts the timer instantly.
Ratings and Reviews
Unusable in currant form
1. Seems to be making noise even when my phone is in silent, it’s completely unnecessary for it to beep so much! I would like the option for it to be completely silent so I it doesn’t distract,
2. It would be nice to manually enter a count at the end of the time, rather than having to tap for every heart beat.
This app is very useful for counting heart and resp rate. The one thing that I wish it had is a complication on the Apple Watch app. This way I can access it really quickly without having to fiddle with the watch.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback. We like the idea of the complication and will look into it for our next release.
whilst trying to record there is an annoying tick each second. Why is there no mute option?
It would be better if you could select heart rate or resps before starting then swap to the other with both results remaining on screen to enter on patient records at end of examination
- Tigerpixel Ltd
- 29.2 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Tigerpixel Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.