MedTracker is a complexity free application that records the dates and times over-the-counter or prescription medications have been taken.
For someone taking prescription medications it’s not uncommon to miss the correct time to take the medication. MedTracker tracks the actual time medication was taken in a single view, using the simple Take Now button. With the optional notifications turned on, MedTracker will determine the time to take the next dose and notify you on your device. MedTracker provides an option to require input of the actual quantity taken when the Take Now button is tapped.
Families with multiple children will appreciate MedTrackers ability to keep track of multiple medications for multiple people and easily see when medications should be taken. For the busy parent, consumption history can be added or modified after the fact.
All of us, with busy life's, take a pill and then sometime later can't remember exactly when or if we took it. It’s typical to ask the question, "When did I take that aspirin?", or "Did I take my vitamins today?" By adding the simple step of pressing one button in the front view of MedTracker it becomes clear when the medication was taken and when the next dose should be taken.
- Multiple people.
- Multiple medications.
- Multiple dosages.
- Handles PRN medications.
- Handles fractional doses.
- Allows free form notes for each medication.
- Allows easy sharing with medical professionals via Activity Sharing.
- Option for tracking the actual dose taken.
- Option to show local notifications when it is time to take the next medication.
- Option for taking medications every x hours.
- Option for taking medications at specific times each day.
- Option to show overdue doses in red with checkmark.
- Option to control audio and visual take feedback.
- Option to temporarily enable or disable medicine.
- Edit or add history.
- Export history to text or CSV file.
- Export summary text or to CSV file.
- In context help with resizable font.
- Past due application icon badging.
- Responds to dynamic type content size changes in Apple -> Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> Larger Text
- Option to view pending notifications.
The Apple Settings application has MedTracker options to:
- control date and time formats (which can be different than your device default),
- control the amount of history to keep,
- to select notification sounds,
- to manual reorder medicines,
- enable sending bug report emails, and
- to cancel all outstanding notifications.
- Fix rare memory retention bug where Take alert was not always showing the Take option.
- Add code to not allow negative Take quantities.
Ratings and Reviews
The best app, occasionally a bit buggy
I've tried to find another app like this, but there none like this out there!
You can choose between time intervals and scheduled times, you can see the log and email it, you can add different users. It's so easy to use.
The only problem I have is sometimes it reminds me to take a medication that I've turned the notification off for. It's a small price to pay for such a brilliant app.
I use it for my childrens' various illnesses, where inevitably we have inhalers, antibiotics, and at least two different painkillers. With more than one child, this app is such a necessity.
Other apps out there either don't allow you to do at least one of the many things that this one does, such as: set reminders, add different user names, or see the history log.
To the developers, please keep going with it. However you need to add pill or reminder in your word search as it doesn't show on the app search.
Brilliant tracking app
Really useful medication tracking app. Use it for my own regular prescriptions plus any additional medications so I don't forget to take them. Also use it for my 3 children (especially handy when giving medicine in middle of night and wouldn't be able to recall exactly when or what--or sometimes which kid!). Ability to choose one-off, set time or set intervals really helpful. Have recommended to both GPs and specialists as great memory aid so no forgetting or double-dosing. One of my most-used apps.
Finally a tracker - not just a planner!!
I take a lot of 'as needed' meds so I can't plan them as such and lots of unnecessary reminders with other apps were driving me crazy. I just wanted to be able to keep a note of exactly when I took my tablets and this app is perfect! Thank you!!
The only thing that would make it even better would be the option to upgrade to no ads.
- Performance Champions, Inc.
- 25 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2014-2017 Performance Champions, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.