Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Meetup brings people together in thousands of cities to do more of what they want to do in life. It is organised around one simple idea: when we get together and do the things that matter to us, we’re at our best. And that’s what Meetup does. It brings people together to do, explore, teach and learn.
For example, people run marathons, thanks to running Meetups. They write, thanks to writing Meetups. They change their careers, thanks to career Meetups. Because at Meetups, people welcome each other. They talk, help, mentor, and support each other – all in pursuit of achieving their life goals.
Featured by Apple in “Best New Apps” and “Great Free Apps”
Some popular Meetups include:
Tech Meetup groups
Mums Meetup groups
Dads Meetup groups
Fitness Meetup groups
Hiking Meetup groups
Career and Networking Meetup groups
Support Meetup groups
Book Club Meetup groups
Photography Meetup groups
New in Town Meetup groups
Social Meetup groups
Dog Meetup groups
Language Meetup groups
and 1,000s more
Want to start a new Meetup and become an organiser?
Anyone who wishes to organise a Meetup may subscribe through the app. An organiser subscription entitles you to create up to three Meetups with an unlimited number of members and co-organisers. Meetup offers 1-month and 6-month subscription plans based on the location of your Meetup. Your first 30 days are free.
Prices for Meetups created in the U.S., U.K., Canada, and Australia:
Unlimited 1-month: US$14.99
All other countries:
Unlimited 1-month: US$9.99
Unlimited 6-month: US$29.99
Your subscription will begin after your free 30 days and will automatically renew at the end of each billing period. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account Settings.
Questions? Suggestions? Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to recommend Meetups that are close to you and to show you your distance from a scheduled Meetup, we use your device's precise location (GPS and network-based).
What's New in Version 6.0.2
- Bug fixes
We heard your feedback and are adding some features back in:
- Easily browse Meetups in other locations
- Save upcoming Meetups to your personal calendar
- Bug fixes
- Completely redesigned app!
- For the first time, find Meetups that are new, trending, or happening soon
- See what people nearby are interested in so you can join, or start your own
- Smarter, more personal recommendations based on what you’re into
- A bold new look helps Meetups stand out
As always, we love hearing your feedback: email@example.com
New app is awful
New app is confusing and difficult to navigate. In "updates" old comments appear above newer events, and there is no way to hide them. In the groups, the earliest upcoming event is open by default whether you are going or not, so you have to scroll past the details and the comments before seeing later events. There is no "past events" section anymore, with only the last week's worth of events showing in the "group info" section. Not particularly useful if you want to look at photos from an event a month ago! The new colour scheme is awful too. The previous version of this app was fine. This new one is a big mistake. I may delete it and just use the website. Message to the app developers: please reconsider and bring back the old version.
Now it wasn't especially easy to do things on the last app, but this takes things to new levels. The layout isn't intuitive, I have yet to work out how to complete any actions for my group, calendar access is tucked away somewhere difficult to find. You would have thought the main functions of having a calendar for your events would be the focus. In addition, notifications for messages etc can literally take days to come up in the app, and creating Meetups is done by pushing you to the website which kind of defeats the purpose of an app. Shockingly bad roll out and update. Facebook is looking more and more attractive.
Use the website instead
The new app has an absolutely terrible interface. The website is better.
There's just too much tapping around to try find what i'm looking for... and it's not easy to see what's on anymore.. The old version was fine and didn't need much to make it better.
- I can't filter groups down to my city properly. I'm seeing groups in other cities at least an hour drive away. It would be useful to sort groups by distance & popularity.
- everything is far too big on screen. You could fit more than 3 events on screen at one time, and the sections for comments are too big.
- Comment section: I don't need to see the few lines of each comment on the event screen when i'm going to have to tap to see/join the conversation anyway... the comment section doesn't seem to make much sense in how it's organised.
- can we 'block' specific repeating events within groups please?
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: 12 October 2016
- Version: 6.0.2
- Size: 70.9 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Developer: Meetup Inc.
- Copyright © 2016 Meetup
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 1-Month Unlimited Subscription£7.99
- 1-Month Unlimited Subscription£10.99
- Unlimited Subscription£14.99
- 6-Month Unlimited Subscription£22.99
- 1-Month Unlimited Subscription£7.99
- Unlimited Subscription£69.99