Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Meetup brings people together in thousands of cities to do more of what they want to do in life. It is organised around one simple idea: when we get together and do the things that matter to us, we’re at our best. And that’s what Meetup does. It brings people together to do, explore, teach and learn.
For example, people run marathons, thanks to running Meetups. They write, thanks to writing Meetups. They change their careers, thanks to career Meetups. Because at Meetups, people welcome each other. They talk, help, mentor, and support each other – all in pursuit of achieving their life goals.
Featured by Apple in “Best New Apps” and “Great Free Apps”
Some popular Meetups include:
Tech Meetup groups
Mums Meetup groups
Dads Meetup groups
Fitness Meetup groups
Hiking Meetup groups
Career and Networking Meetup groups
Support Meetup groups
Book Club Meetup groups
Photography Meetup groups
New in Town Meetup groups
Social Meetup groups
Dog Meetup groups
Language Meetup groups
and 1,000s more
Want to start a new Meetup and become an organiser?
Anyone who wishes to organise a Meetup may subscribe through the app. An organiser subscription entitles you to create up to three Meetups with an unlimited number of members and co-organisers. Meetup offers 1-month and 6-month subscription plans based on the location of your Meetup. Your first 30 days are free.
Prices for Meetups created in the U.S., U.K., Canada, and Australia:
Unlimited 1-month: US$14.99
All other countries:
Unlimited 1-month: US$9.99
Unlimited 6-month: US$29.99
Your subscription will begin after your free 30 days and will automatically renew at the end of each billing period. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account Settings.
Questions? Suggestions? Shoot us an email at email@example.com
In order to recommend Meetups that are close to you and to show you your distance from a scheduled Meetup, we use your device's precise location (GPS and network-based).
What's New in Version 6.1.2
- Approve or deny pending requests to join your Meetup group
- Notifications count now updates when you read your notifications
- Minor bug fixes and enhancements
Other recent updates:
- The calendar is back!
- Search for members in Meetup groups and events
- 1Password support
- Easily browse Meetups in other locations
- Save upcoming Meetups to your personal calendar
As always, we love hearing your feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
Awful UI/UX - each version progressively worse
If I could, I'd give this 0 stars seeing as the last version I gave 1 star. Clearly experience is getting progressive worse not better!
The user interface as an organiser is awful:
- where's the cancel event option?
- how do I open details of the event? Everything I click on seems to open everything but that
- when I try to respond to comments I often get an error saying I need to be a member... Of my own group! Yet I can post a new comment...
- push notifications are not timely - I often received these hours after comments have been posted and often I don't receive them at all and most times in wrong order. What good is this when trying to communicate about an event that's due to start? This is the major bug bear.
- I can never seem to respond to the comments when I've opened from a PN.
- the "like" experience for a comment is different experience to that of web
- no ability to handle updating RSVPs from the app.
- often editing an event does not work in the app - hit publish and nothing updates.
- I should be able to see a fuller list of upcoming events rather than just 4 on the group home page.
- maps and other info take up too much space
New VS Old
New version is okay now I've got used to it and know where most things are again. I can also do more changes on my phone now than the previous app. There's a few things that get on my nerves about it such as accessing past events seems to be a bit long winded unless I'm missing a trick but all is good. Wish I could dl multiple photos too or am I missing another trick! I don't like the changed designs but they still do the same thing.
Good concept, App not so great
Meetup is handy and well organised if you are moving to a new area or want to try out new things.
The app could be better. The search for meetups shows loads of options that are 30 miles away, the only ones that I am interested in are within a cycle ride or short drive away are hard to find as it involved scrolling through options the other side of London.
Once in an event finding discussion or comments and contacting individual members or the group is hard and not obvious (not even sure if it is always possible).
In summary needs to be redesigned to be user friendly by some professionals talking to the users.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: 17 November 2016
- Version: 6.1.2
- Size: 73.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Developer: Meetup Inc.
- Copyright © 2016 Meetup
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 1-Month Unlimited Subscription£7.99
- 1-Month Unlimited Subscription£10.99
- Unlimited Subscription£14.99
- 6-Month Unlimited Subscription£22.99
- 1-Month Unlimited Subscription£7.99
- Unlimited Subscription£69.99