Mega Meds – fun pill & medication tracker reminder
By AppAttic Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
MEGA MEDS is an easy to use and free medication app that helps you to track and monitor your medicine adherence. Use it as a reminder to log the medicines, pills and prescriptions you take (or miss!) each day and to monitor your progress. With MEGA MEDS it's easy to understand how well you are adhering to your medication schedule.
And it's Fun!
Earn rewards in the MEGA MEDS game for tracking your medication schedule and logging the reasons why you miss a medicine dose. Then play against other users for a high score!
The MEGA MEDS app is currently in clinical trial with a NHS Trust in the United Kingdom as a study called "MAGE: Medicines Adherence, Gamification Experience". It has been designed to determine whether using an app that makes logging medication 'fun' can improve medicine management, adherence and ultimately positive health outcomes. Users earn rewards within the game for (1) adhering to their medicine schedule and (2) logging their medicine schedule - even if you miss taking your medication, MEGA MEDS will reward you for logging the information because it is important to know if medications are being missed and the reasons why.
MEGA MEDS is now available for the general public to participate in it's online trial. This will allow AppAttic and the researchers to compare the results of their clinical trial with a broader demographic. We invite you to join the study and use MEGA MEDS. There are no costs to participate and less than one minute every 2 weeks is required to complete short survey. Everything is anonymous and private - we do not ask for your name or email address.
* free to use and without ads
* no in-app purchases
* helps researchers understand why people do or do not take their medication
* private: requires no registration (no email address or name; use anonymously)
* easy to understand stats show you how well you are managing your medicines
* works with recurring medications
* works with courses of medication
* works with ad-hoc medicines ('as & when required')
* works across time zones
* works offline
* clean and simple user interface
* view daily progress
* view monthly stats
* reminders to log your medication
* rewards medicines logging with in-game advantages
* rewards for logging your medicine adherence (even if you miss it)
* game is linked to adherence and logging of medication
* fun, one-touch gameplay
* avatar and character creation
* anonymous data; used for research to improve health & well-being
Download the app. The first time you open the app you will require an internet connection. You will be guided through a short consent process and questionnaire (takes 1-2 mins). Then you will have access to MEGA MEDS.
Simply add your medication and schedule - let MEGA MEDS do the rest.
Playing The Game:
Compete against other users in the MEGA MEDS game as you endeavour to consume all the other players and conquer. Adhere to your medication and watch your life force grow - you will become bigger and stronger. You'll also earn stars which you can use to purchase character add-ons from the shop; why not customise your character with a hat?
The game is very simple. Watch the short tutorial to get going.
Note that MEGA MEDS is for personal logging and tracking of medicines. It is not a medical device and does not constitute giving any medical advice. It is is intended for reminding you to log and monitor your medication. It is NOT intended to be a medical tool on which you should rely.
For support or feature requests please visit the info screen within the app.
MEGA MEDS does not require registration. Everything is anonymous. You can view the full user license agreement here: http://megamedsapp.com/user-license
What's New in Version 1.1.3
Easily understand how well you manage your medication using our new 'My Stats' feature;
* simple calendar view
* view 'all meds' or drill into individual meds
* gamification: build up streaks for tracking your meds
* easy to understand: green is good!
* * green streaks = logging of medication
* * green bars = taken medication
* * red bars = missed medication
* * smilies visualise how you are feeling
* * a grey dot shows when ad-hoc medication has been taken
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: 04 May 2017
- Version: 1.1.3
- Size: 226 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: AppAttic Ltd
- © AppAttic Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.