Memrise: learn languages free
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Best of 2016
Memrise Language master spy will train your language learning skills and send you deep undercover as a spy in a distant Universe.
As a language master spy you’ll become the hero of an epic adventure game and learn a language while you play!
Use the language you learn to dupe enemy agents into thinking you are one of them, and to spot other fellow agents that will help you along the way.
Every language is a whole world of discovery and adventure!
Pick a language and start your quest now: Learn French, Spanish (from Mexico or from Spain), German, English, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Turkish, Russian, Italian, Portuguese (from Brazil or from Portugal), Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, and many more!
This app offers an optional Pro paid subscription in addition to the free learning experience which grants you access to an extra set of games and an offline mode.
One-month subscription for £6.99
Three-month subscription for £13.99
Twelve-month subscription for £44.99
Once purchased, subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off in your iTunes Account settings at least 24 hours before the end of the payment period.
YOUR MEMRISE JOURNEY CONTINUES!
On the road: membus.memrise.com
On Twitter & Instagram: @memrise
What's New in Version 2.2.4
We’ve been doing the new year equivalent of hitting the gym and clean eating: our engineers have been exercising their fingers with fast-speed debugging sessions and making the app leaner and stronger with smaller but important improvements:
- There was an issue with word boxes in difficult words overlapping with the tested word. Karate was used. Boxes are back in their place.
- Your hard earned progress and points weren’t saving properly. Lame. But fixed.
- There was a glutton bug eating up courses when you tried to download them, and that made the app crash. Squashed that one.
- If you deleted all your courses, the app would get sad and confused, and crash repeatedly. After some therapy, it has come to grips with the reality of empty dashboards. No more crashes there.
- Something happened in Missions that messed with Mission Control’s messages and replaced them with your answers. It was either evil spy agents, or our AI is becoming self-aware. In either case, we’ve put a stop to that nonsense.
If you’ve read this far, the supermolecules of learning super powers will be with you all year long. No need to send it to 10 friends to avoid losing this good fortune. Happy 2017!
Great for those who struggle to retain vocabulary
I LOVE this app! I am using it to supplement my Arabic course and this is really helping the vocabulary to 'stick'. It works great on my phone, so I can use it anywhere. I struggled using in on my PC for two reasons: a) it times you and b) I found it hard to sort out the Arabic keyboard. I think there may be one in the paid version which would be easier, but the mobile app just gives you a choice of letters to select which is far simpler.
This app has saved me.
Let me tell you about memrise.
This application has drastically improved my language learning ability for the better. I was almost guaranteed to fail my Latin GCSE until I was told to give memrise a go. Now I have a chance at scraping a pass.
The sexy and simple layout means anyone at any age can begin learning, and the simple to use interface allows everything you would want from a language learning app. It shows your progress and words you know, words you need to learn, and, what's nice is the it constantly re tests you on words which you may have forgotten.
There is an option to pay for an extra learning new exercise however the developers don't force it in your face which is nice.
This is app is simply perfect. 5/7 stars. Very good.
Perfect App for learning languages!!
My friend recommended this app to me, and at first I was a bit reluctant, however, it is now easily by best learning app that helps me with Spanish and Latin. You may think it takes a while but it is really quick to learn, with helpful reminders of when to revise. Overall a great app with many great features.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: 16 January 2017
- Version: 2.2.4
- Size: 81.0 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese, Welsh, Zulu
- Developer: Memrise
- © 2015 Memrise
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Memrise Pro£6.99
- Memrise Pro£13.99
- Memrise Pro£44.99
- Memrise Premium Offer£35.99
- Memrise Pro£22.49