Have fun while learning a language with Memrise. The more you enjoy learning, the more (and quicker) your skills will develop. This is why entertainment mixed with real-life, relevant content is at the very core of the Memrise foreign language learning experience.
Learn Spanish, French, Japanese, Italian, German, Korean, Arabic, Russian, Chinese, Portuguese, Danish, Swedish, Polish, Norwegian, Turkish, Dutch, Icelandic, Mongolian or even English.
Best of 2016
iPad App of the Year – Finland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark
Do you want to connect with the world? Get ready for your next trip or adventure abroad? Improve your grammar? Then join our community of over 30 million language learners and develop real-life language skills through a rich variety of easy-to-use games, innovative chatbots and over 30,000 native speaker videos. Learning a new language has never been so simple!
- NEW! Chatbots help you hone your conversational flow.
- OBJECT RECOGNITION: Explore the world around you and learn new vocab on the go. Scan your surroundings and snap a pic. Save images and the snapped object’s name in your chosen language.
- Learn with Locals: Real people helping you learn real, everyday language in context.
- A variety of exciting interactive games to learn and practice: Speed Review, Listening Skills, Difficult Words, Classic Review, Grammarbot…
- Pronunciation guide: Speak like a local by recording and comparing your pronunciation with locals.
- Offline mode: Put your language skills to the test whenever and wherever is convenient for you.
- Daily goals: Learn as many or as few words a day as you like, Memrise is tailored to you.
Why learn a new language with Memrise? For our international team, nothing is more special than the ability to connect with new countries and cultures through language, and we want to share this with you! This is why we only teach useful, everyday words and phrases that enable you to have real conversations with real people.
How? Our talented linguists and language experts work side-by-side with our world-class team of developers to create the very best language courses and games that are simple, enjoyable and accessible to everyone.
- Start with current, everyday vocabulary and learn through reading and listening games
- Record and compare your pronunciation with that of locals
- Use our grammarbot to learn how to form useful sentences
- Put your skills into practice with chatbots
Download the Memrise language learning app and start your language journey now.
One-month subscription for £6.99
Three-month subscription for £13.99
Twelve-month subscription for £44.99
Lifetime subscription for £179.99
You will need a Memrise subscription in order to access all courses and features. Courses available may vary depending on the language of your device.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
Follow us on social media for inspiration on your foray into the language learning world:
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/memrise/
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/memrise
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/memrise/
Are you ready to Explore London? There are now ten of London's most distinct features for you to find with the Explore Feature with more cities to be added soon!
Ratings and Reviews
With Memrise, language learning’s a game—the irresistible kind that anyone can pick up and play. It teaches you everyday words and phrases—perfect for your next trip abroad—and reinforces them with fun quizzes and playful images. We get an awesome sense of progress every time we use it.
Clever and Fun! However...
A very fun and engaging way to learn a language. Broken down into edible chunks and great at helping to make the newly learned bits and pieces stick in your mind. HOWEVER, as someone using it for Japanese, the learning curve jump from Hiragana to Kanji is too fast. It never finishes teaching you Hiragana in stage 1 and suddenly jumps to learning phrases with Kanji. This would be okay if it also broke down learning the Kanji as we did the Hiragana.
In short, I’m left guessing the answers the further I progress through stage 1, which means I’m not learning anything. I’m looking at symbols I don’t know the direct meaning of or if it’s a fixed sound. When you have to learn an entirely new alphabet (one with three separate “alphabets” to be exact) as well as grammar and discourse, I think there need to be more stages before jumping into mixing up Hiragana & Kanji - especially because we don’t learn the full Hiragana! Aargh.
So I like the app. It’s great. But the Japanese option could do with a bit of revision before I pay for it.
Excellent teaching style!
It’s teaching style is so much better than other leading language teaching apps... in my humblest of opinions (I’m learning Dutch.) It’s very cutesy in it’s style which might put some people off but where it counts it works well. I actually enjoy the fun feeling the app has more so. I’m quickly remembering the words it teaches more so than the phrases that Babbel threw at me early on. I think it’s the way they’ve blended the audio with the words on screen across either the language being learned or the English translation, then the screens where they give you the foreign word and you pick the English translation from a small set of choices, or vice verse. There’s audio bits where you listen to three things spoken, one of which matches the word it says at the top. All I can say is it’s absolutely worth a free download, I wouldn’t be surprised if you took up the offer that’s on right now as it pops up.
1 Year Pro Subscription
Unlock All Pro Features
1-Month Pro Subscription
Games, Chatbots & more
3-Month Pro Subscription
Access all games & features
- 218.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese, Welsh
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 Memrise
- In-App Purchases
- 1-Month Pro Subscription £6.99
- Memrise Pro £22.49
- 3-Month Pro Subscription £19.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.