"...a true notepad experience that may help you make a clean break from the pencil-and-paper era." -New York Times.
=== Users describe Mental Note as "the only notepad app... that's actually better than, and as simple as, a pen and paper." It's "the future of note taking", and "a big sketchpad... [to] free-associate and put stuff down in any format". Mental Note for iPad brings the future closer with an even bigger sketchpad for you to capture your ideas on.
Turn your iPad into a digital notepad. Combine pictures, voice recordings, drawings and text - all on the same page, in any order you choose.
An idea... a flash - a moment of genius. When a thought hits, and you have to remember it, why limit how you record it? The more context and sensory details you can capture, the clearer the idea can be put down. Use pictures, audio, sketching and text together on the same page... a digital page that can be shared with anyone.
Mental Note allows you to capture ideas as they happen: use pictures, dictate, add text, sketch on anything. Ideas clarified. Creativity captured.
- Draw with your finger using multiple colours and widths on top of pictures, text, or anywhere else on the page. Zoom in to sketch fine details.
- Choose a picture from your album and add it to the page.
- Add audio to the page by recording with the built-in microphone. Continue to edit your note while recording.
- Organize your notes using tags.
- Password protect your private notes and flag your important ones.
- Attach Calendar events to your notes.
- Undo, redo anything in the note by shaking the device.
- Delete note sections using the toolbar button or by swiping any note section.
- Move a note section by swiping and then dragging it to its new location.
- Length of a note is limited only by device memory.
- Export in a variety of formats including PDF, text, Mental Note format, and more. Send using email, iCloud, Dropbox, and more.
* Send a note in Mental Note format so the note may be imported into another person's Mental Note app.
* Using email, export a complete note directly from Mental Note as either a PDF document or a picture (each audio recording is attached to the email as a separate file; use QuickTime or another modern media player to play the attached audio). You can also email just the text from your note.
- Export your notes and backups to your iCloud and/or Dropbox account.
- Share a note with your friends using Twitter.
- Map the location a note was created at (if location services are enabled).
- Change the size and font of the text in your notes.
- Change the color and background of your notes.
- Numerous other configuration options.
- Supports all orientations.
THIS VERSION IS OPTIMIZED FOR iPad. FOR iPhone & iPod touch, PLEASE SEE Mental Note - the digital notepad.
Read more: www.zymbiotic.com
Added straight line mode indicator.
Ratings and Reviews
Could be great.
I got this app to use for photo inventories. I needed something that you could put text with a photo. The fact you can draw over the photo to highlight a particular point is a great feature.
This would be a 5 star app if a few things could be sorted. Resizing of the photos would be the major one. They can take up a whole page when printing out. Also when you take a photo it can overlap over 2 pages, it should either resize to fit the first page or move down to the second page.
If these could be fixed it would be a full 5 stars from me.
Great App & Great Support
The App is a great note taker enabling all types of note taking, sketching, pasting, pictures & voice etc. I was looking for an App that enabled me to make richer notes, beyond that capable with the standard "Notes" app. Mental Notes does this and much more.
There are many good Apps but few great App companies. Zymbiotic Technologies has been very impressive in this regard. I encountered a complex defect relating to backups and time zones. Zymbiotic Technologies worked tirelessly with me in the UK, 7 days a week with dogged determination until the issue was successfully resolved.
Amazed it is so cheap!
This has to be one of the best Note-type applications I have used. Compared to Penultimate, it has much more features and the ability to add sound recordings and images is brilliant.
The only bad thing I have to say is that writing with the pen is quite tricky, so I tend to just type out the notes. But overall I would recommend it!
- Zymbiotic Technologies
- 24 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Zymbiotic Technologies Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Paper Customization feature £0.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.