* SEND A MESSAGE -Skip exchanging phone numbers, just send a message. It's seamless across devices.
* SHOW YOUR REACTION - Add a silly sticker, send a dancing GIF and use emojis to express yourself better.
* SHARE PHOTOS AND VIDEOS - Capture the moment with the Messenger Camera, add a filter or doodle, then send to friends or share to Stories.
* RALLY THE GROUP - Make plans to get together with polls, share your location, split the bill and more.
* HOP ON A CALL OR VIDEO CHAT - Hang out anywhere, anytime by getting on call or a group video** chat — filters optional :) **Calls are free over Wi-Fi but otherwise standard data charges apply.
* SEND A VOICE MESSAGE - When text just won't cut it, just hit record and send say, sing or shout it out loud.
* SEND MONEY SECURELY AND EASILY (within US, UK and France only) - Send and receive money from friends in the app by adding your debit card or PayPal* account. *PayPal available in the US only.
* SHARE YOUR LOCATION - Suggest a meeting spot or tell friends where you are by sharing your location with just a few taps.
* CHAT WITH BUSINESSES - Easily connect with your favorite businesses to make reservations, get customer support, find deals and more.
* PLAY GAMES WITH FRIENDS - Challenge friends, climb leaderboards, and discover your next gaming obsession.
In this update, you can now see your friends' Messenger Stories right inside your chat thread, and they can see yours, too! Messenger wants you to build better, more meaningful conversations with your friends and family.
Ratings and Reviews
Annoying and new bugs
So firstly the red app badge no longer displays in the app (other friends have this too), so you have a glitch because people can’t see when they have a message and are missing messages - kinda pointless.
Secondly, will you please get rid of the Last Active stamp already!!! Or at least give us the option to turn it off! I’ve seen so many problems caused by this in relationships because it’s inaccurate. Nobody likes it!
From what I can see, it doesn’t even take your active status just from the app itself. It takes the active stamp from basically whenever your phone is doing something. So you get a text, surf the web, phone call, are asleep and get a notification on something else on the phone etc - this app says “ooh they’re using their phone I’ll tell people they’re online”. No. Pack it in and switch it off. This app is telling others someone is active/has been active on the app when they haven’t been and is causing people serious issues. Enough already.
Dreadfully glitchy and unreliable
Of all the apps I have EVER used this is by far the one that contains the most issues. Despite regular updates the reliability issues of this app just never seem to want to go away. And especially with this latest update that has resulted in the app being slower and it freezes and and crashes endlessly. Virtually endlessly!! I can barely type a few messages before it all of a sudden freezes! ESPECIALLY when I switch between letters, emojis and also click to select a gif 😡.And finally, there have been numerous occasions when my messages and even articles I have shared don’t appear when I send them 😡...I always update in the hopes that the previous reliability issues will disappear only to be confronted by an app that’s even worse!! For goodness sakes, fix the app and make its operation nice, smooth and reliable! What on Earth where you thinking with the last update? I wish I hadn’t updated it now. Please update this app and focus on the glitches and reliability issues to finally make it work properly. Meanwhile, I will look to find a decent a app to replace this one. Hopefully someone is taking notes and will give this app the update it so desperately needs....
Updates do not improve functionality
Every update that comes with messenger makes me wonder “does it really improve my experience as a user”. Years ago I blindly updated everything believing that this was truly the case. But then the greed for advertising revenue and a drive towards users’ greater engagement made Facebook introduce updates that made it deliberately harder for users to do certain functions like ‘deleting a conversation’. Initially it was as easy as the WhatsApp function ‘swipe from right’ and delete in one swift motion. Consider the number of steps you have to do now to do the same? 1. Hotkey the message 2. Confirm if you want to delete or archive (half of the time your thumb accidentally pushes on the wrong msg). Facebook will claim this is done to make sure that people don’t delete messages by mistake, but that’s - as we all know - a load of crap! So to all of you out there - heed the warning, don’t trust the updates blindly.
- Facebook, Inc.
- 247.2 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Facebook, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.