The Met Office weather app gives you the most accurate world-leading global weather forecasts, with coverage from 1 hour to 7 days ahead.
* Interactive rainfall map and text forecast for the next 24 hours, or previous 6 hours (manual scroll or using play feature)
* Real time UK National Severe Weather Warnings with the interactive warnings map for your UK saved locations
* Instant notification of the official UK National Severe Weather Warnings for your saved locations– including snow, strong winds, ice, fog & rain
* Daily and hourly forecasts for your favourite locations. Saving multiple locations will let you see how the weather could affect your day
* Watch the latest TV weather forecasts, updated 3 times a day
PERSONAL, ACCURATE FORECASTS INCLUDING:
* Interactive UK rainfall map; both 24-hour forecast and 6 hour observations
* Interactive UK National Severe Weather Warnings map
* UK surface pressure map
* Probability of precipitation (rain, sleet, snow, hail, & drizzle)
* Actual and 'feels like' temperature
* UK National Severe Weather Warnings alerts
* UK national weather forecast video
* Wind speed, direction and gusts
* Sunrise & sunset times
* Air pollution forecasts
* Pollen push notifications (March to September)
* Local weather forecasts unlimited locations
* Ability to change your unit settings for temperature & wind speed
* UV Index, visibility, humidity & pressure
* Don't like ads? Our app includes a £2.99 in-app purchase to remove all advertising
The Met Office is committed to delivering new features based on your feedback & the reviews we receive. If you love our app rate and review it in the app store. If you have any suggestions please email email@example.com
The app is designed to work on iOS 10 & above. This app is ad-supported.
About the Met Office
The Met Office is the UK's national weather service. Recognised as a world leader in providing weather & climate services & as one of the world's most accurate forecasters. We are also responsible for the UK National Severe Weather Warning Service, mandated by UK Government, which aims to give advance warning of extreme weather to the public. See www.metoffice.gov.uk for more information.
CONSENT TO INSTALLATION OF THE APP
YES I consent to the installation of the App for the purposes of world-leading weather forecasts direct from the Met Office. NO I do not consent to the installation of the App. How you can withdraw consent. Once you provide consent by selecting YES, you may change your mind & withdraw consent at any time by uninstalling the App but that will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent.
Bug fixes and performance enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
Accurate but Weirdly Designed
They finally let you jump directly to the forecast for a particular day of the week! Hooray! The app has been getting better over time and much of my initial problems (below) have been addressed.
When I load a weather app, I expect a home screen which shows me what the weather will be doing in the next 24 hours or next week, but instead this app favours the next few hours at multiple locations. Also, knowing when sunrise and sunset are is incredibly important for photography, and a common, easily accessible feature on other weather apps. It's great that you can customise the home screen, but in reality most people don't need a national forecast, just a local one. The forecasts themselves are much more accurate than Dark Sky, which has become unreliable recently, but their user interface is SO much better!
I think the map systems you have are great but what i want from this app isn't provided in enough detail. There are many apps that do exactly what the MET is doing with their app. If you want to improve offer a longer forecast on the local selection as well as a fortnightly mapping forecast, sea weather forecast options that suggest tide, wind, wave height.
We want agricultural forecast that concentrated on humidity, precipitation and also perhaps a flooding, freezing, storm, pollen and scorching forecast map options that highlights risks to crops and livestock with an alert notification that alarms hour/days before weather incidents. Predict these in terms of risk % as well as units like ml/F/C/ppm and perhaps new scales of risk to garden and crop vegetation.
I think you are capable of this, its just whether you are motivated to adding this value to your customers and realise the complexity of your average Jo who today understands and seeks more information than is offered. We need national and local specific maps that feed from your local weather stations.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback - your suggestions have been noted. We're constantly looking for ways and ideas to keep improving the app. We are looking to add long range forecasts in the future.
Still needs improvement
Since first review I’ve been using the phone version of the desktop site. Similar in appearance to the app, but sorts the issues I’ve got with the app ie when moving time forward, ALL the columns move together. Sort this for the app and it would so much better.
The layout which has rain/wind/temperature and detailed wind separate is very un user friendly. Move the time forward on the rain/temperatures and the detailed wind doesn't move with it, so you end up with 2 lines of info out of sync.
Has been improved since the initial makeover but still long way off being finished. As a cyclist this was always my go to app as it had all the details together. Now it is a mess. Sorry!!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for providing this detailed feedback - its really useful to us to hear how users interact with the app and an important part of improving the app with each subsequent release.
- Met Office
- 87.4 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © HMSO and Queen's Printer
- In-App Purchases
- ad-free version £2.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.