By Z2Live, Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Dominate the skies and master the world’s most advanced combat aircraft as you experience the best looking, most action packed jet fighting game for iOS - MetalStorm: Online!
MULTIPLE GAME MODES:
• Campaign – Experience an epic storyline spanning several single player missions.
• Versus Mode – Challenge your friends and enemies in a one-on-one duel!
• Survival Mode –Destroy wave upon wave of enemy aircraft with a friend in co-op or on your own!
• Next-Gen 3D graphics with Retina Display
• Gyroscope enabled controls enable full 360-degree flight in 3D space
• Perform advanced evasive maneuvers by swiping different directions
• Real Time Multiplayer over 3G and Wi-Fi
• Play on your TV with AirPlay and an Apple TV for a true HD gaming experience
• Customize your aircraft with advanced missiles, machine guns and a deep tech tree
• Talk with other players via the optional in-game Voice Chat system
• Invite a Game Center friend to help you complete difficult missions
MetalStorm: Online requires an internet connection to play (WiFi or 3G).
What's New in Version 5.2.1
MSO 5.2.1 is optimized for iOS 7
I'm used to things like War Thunder on Steam. So naturally, it almost definitely be worse by using the limited opportunities on mobile devices. Even though, there are a few niggles that would be fairly easy to work around to improve the game massively.
First off, the damage model is so annoying both in single-player and online duals. Missiles and cannon rounds can 'hit' you when they are miles away from your actual aircraft.
Secondly, there is a slight pay-to-win side to the game. Once you reach a certain 'skill level' online, it simply chucks you in with others of whom spent tons of real money on superior planes, overpowered ammunitions and so forth. Which really bugs me.
And now for some minor issues:
-Sense of speed isn't great
-Audio isn't great
-Everybody online turns constantly, making duals often incredibly dull and messing up the in-built gyroscope in your device.
So yes. It's okay, but could be a lot better. I'd happily pay upfront instead of have in-app purchases and everybody would be balanced as a result. Also, the company that makes it (I forget the name) would make more money and then afford to make the game a whole lot better.
(apologies for moaning)
Good game. Really good graphics. Bit annoying you have to have an Internet connection, and its very hard to do well unless you watch lots of advert videos or spend money to upgrade you're plane. It's also a pain you have to wait 12 hours to add your wingman again to play another campaign or use more credits. It also freezes sometimes during videos. It would be better if you could do combination moves unless that's something that comes later, as Ive only been playing this for a while.
Probably one of the best apps I have ever downloaded, graphics are superb, no lag, I have to calibrate often though, also, it's quite difficult to get coins without buying them though, one other problem is that there is just one basic dogfight mode and campaign, hopefully in a future update they will add some more mini games.
Other than that, extremely fun and will have you playing until your device runs out of batteries!
- Category: Games
- Updated: 21 September 2013
- Version: 5.2.1
- Size: 356 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Developer: Z2Live, Inc
- © 2012, Z2Live Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Small Pack of Coins£0.99
- Medium Pack of Coins£4.99
- Large Pack of Coins£9.99
- Massive Pack of Coins£19.99
- Gigantic Pack of Coins£48.99
- Bonus Pack of Coins£0.99
- Bonus Pack of Coins£48.99
- Bonus Pack of Coins£4.99
- Bonus Pack of Coins£9.99
- Bonus Pack of Coins£19.99