By Graham Haley
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
ON SALE - UP TO 50% OFF!
Apple's iPad APP OF THE WEEK (UK and Ireland), March 2011
AppStore Rewind 2011, one of Apple's favourite iPhone finance apps of 2011 (UK and Ireland)
iTunes Rewind 2010, one of the top paid finance apps in the UK and Ireland (#6 iPhone and #2 iPad)
Closely monitor your household energy and water usage and the chances are you will SAVE MONEY!
This useful application makes it easy to MONITOR your household utility meters. Once you start entering readings, your usage, costs and savings are calculated and displayed in easy to visualise graphs.
For UK users, you can also compare your usage and costs against energy supplier prices in your area to see if you can SAVE EVEN MORE money. You can even switch suppliers directly from your device!
- Monitor up to NINE separate household meters, e.g. electricity, gas, water, solar ... etc
- Quick entry of readings, as often as you like
- Displays your usage and costs for the latest readings period, and compares this with your average or previous year
- Plots graphs of usage and costs per day, week, month, quarter or year, so that you can visualise changes over time, e.g. against the previous year
- Import historical readings from a CSV file
- Export readings as a CSV file for easy import into a spreadsheet
- Local backups, with support for copying them by email, WiFi or iTunes file sharing for maximum protection of your data
- Universal app, works on the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
METERS, CURRENCY AND RATES
- User configurable units, so the app could be used for other types of measurement
- Support for meters that count up (e.g. electricity, gas, water ... etc), down (e.g. oil, petrol/gas ... etc), or where your readings ARE your usage (e.g. broadband data)
- Uses the currency from your device's region setting, but you can override this per meter (e.g. for holiday homes)
- Handles a wide range of rates and charges, e.g. fixed or time based rates, per-unit rates, stepped rates for up to 12 levels, Economy 7/10, time of day meters ... etc
- Support for rate changes, if/when you switch supplier or they change your rates
- Check your bills by comparing any pair of readings (e.g. those submitted to your supplier)
- View your usage and costs since your last bill, as well as an estimate of when and how much your next bill will be
PRICE COMPARISON (UK only)
- Compare your usage and costs against energy supplier prices for your postcode
- Completely independent tariff calculator from Energylinx, the UK's number 1 guide to utility prices
- Switch energy suppliers directly on your device, or email yourself a link to do it on a computer
POWER USER FEATURES (via a ONE-TIME in-app purchase)
- Dropbox and iCloud support to make it MUCH easier to share your data between devices (e.g. iPhone and iPad)
- Automatically use the rear-facing torch/flashlight when reading your meters (iPhone 4-6 only)
- Local reminders so you don't forget to enter your readings
- Additional colour themes (black, red, blue, green ... etc)
PRO USER FEATURES (via a ONE-TIME in-app purchase)
- Removes the restriction on meter numbers, e.g. for landlords, businesses and professionals
Please don't leave support requests on iTunes as these are anonymous and I have no way of contacting you if I have questions. Instead there is a link to my support page from iTunes and from the app itself (or simply go to http://grahamhaley.co.uk/meters/).
Alternatively, PLEASE contact me directly via my support pages and you will get a quick response.
What's New in Version 4.3
If you like my app and appreciate these ongoing free updates, please consider leaving a quick review on iTunes. There is a convenient link to do this at the bottom of the settings screen. Thank you!
Minor fixes as a result of the iOS 9 update.
Note that you now require iOS 7.0 or above. Older versions (of iOS and my app) will continue to work, but you will no longer get updates. Full details are on my website.
This app saves me hundreds!
I've used this app since 2010 and it's clear presentations of my gas and electricity consumption informs me where my money is going, and where I ought to make efforts to economise. I can clearly see the effect of turning down the thermostat, or switching the heating off a bit earlier, or changing to LED lighting. Also, with the latest update, I can see instantly if I'm on the best deal. To use the app to best effect you must resign yourself to an hour to set it up properly to suit your particular energy supplier's tariffs, and, if you have solar panels, your feed-in-tariff. But that is time well spent. Using the app I can predict my energy bills to the penny. I think paying the little extra for the additional features ismoney well spent?.. For example having integration of iCloud and drop box lets me keep synchronised data on my iPad and iPhone. All in all its one of the most useful apps I have.
The perfect way to save money fast!
This app is as already mentioned an excellent tool to make sure you keep on top of your energy bills. I have used it to do an experiment to see if my immersion heater is cheaper or more expensive to use than my gas central heating to heat the water. What's great is that it tells you the cost of energy used between readings, so done daily you can see how crazy the cost of energy is these days but also gives you the opportunity to see what changes save energy. I especially like the setting that lights the camera flash LED so you can use the iphone as a torch to read the meter!
My favourite app and well worth the money!
Brilliant! Works for solar generation as well.
This app is absolutely brilliant. Used it for 4+ years to track my electricity (Economy 10) AND my solar PV generation, and the graphs show exactly where my money's going (and Kilowatt hours). Taking readings is so beautifully done that I love it reminding me to take them - even has built-in torch! Easy to email CSV file for long term analysis and storage in excel (but the app tells you far more than Excel ever can). Just realised it will do price comparison and has found me £100 a year saving, which I trust more than the price comparison websites. Graham Haley is a genius - strongly recommend this app!
- Category: Finance
- Updated: 15 November 2015
- Version: 4.3
- Size: 1.6 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Graham Haley
- © 2009-2015, Graham Haley
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Power User Features£0.99
- Pro User Features£4.99