We’ve built a different kind of high street bank. A bank with stores that are open when it suits you, 7 days a week. A bank where you can walk in without an appointment and walk out with a working account, debit card and all. A bank that tells you exactly what you’re getting, in language that actually makes sense. A bank that puts you first.
Now, wherever you are and whatever you’re doing you can manage your Personal and Business accounts with our mobile app.
- Login with Apple TouchID
- Insights on your accounts and transactions
- A handy spending summary shows you where you’re spending your cash
- View transactions which are still being processed
- Temporarily block and permanently cancel your debit and credit cards
- Make payments to new and existing payees and transfer money in between your accounts
- Send International Payments
- View and cancel your Direct Debits and standing orders.
- Share your account details through WhatsApp, email and messages to easily receive payments from friends and family
- Create and edit Standing Orders
- Open Instant Access Savings Accounts
- Accredited by the Digital Accessibility Centre for complying with AA accessibility standards.
Registration - Getting Started
Whether you’re an existing or new Metro Bank customer it’s simple to get started.
- If you’re registered for online and telephone banking, you’ll need your 12 digit customer number, 8 digit security number and your password
- If you’re not registered for either, you’ll need your 12 digit customer number and the details of the card you used most recently or your Magic Word.
Metro Bank’s mobile app is available for Personal customers and also Business customers if they’re using Business Internet Banking only.
Standard data charges from your mobile service provider may apply.
If you experience any issues downloading or registering the Metro Bank mobile app, please visit us in store or call us on 0345 08 08 500.
Metro Bank PLC. Registered in England and Wales. Company number: 6419578. Registered office: One Southampton Row, London, WC1B 5HA. We are authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority. Metro Bank PLC is an independent UK Bank - it is not affiliated with any other bank or organisation (including the METRO newspaper or its publishers) anywhere in the world. "Metrobank" is the registered trademark of Metro Bank PLC.
Make International Payments with our mobile app
- Send Euros, US Dollars and UK Sterling to more than 35 countries
- Create international payees or select from your existing ones
- Start making International Payments from the Pay, Transfer and Account tabs
Ratings and Reviews
Great bank but insights falls short
I have been banking with Metro Bank for about 5 years now and they’re a great bank with a great service.
I’ve been quite happy with their mobile app too, but I was quite excited a couple of months ago when they announced they’re introducing “Insights” within the app as this meant that I would no longer have to use a third party app.
Whilst they did indeed implement it, the “Insights” function doesn’t really provide much or often insight into my transactions. I get 1-2 items max a month, compared to several a day on a third party app. Not sure if this is me specific, or whether the AI just isn’t ready enough at the moment.
Hopefully this catches up with third party alternatives soon which would make it a top mobile banking app.
Developer Response ,
Hi Daniel, thanks for your feedback. Insights are generated on your previous month's spending, they'll also highlight any changes such as a bill becoming more expensive. We're consistently working to improve the app, is there any Insights you’d like to see more of?
I find this app the best out there. Never have any trouble accessing anything and the fact you can do almost anything with my money and moving it around as and when is just brilliant.
Also the teams in the stores they have on the high st. have been amazing too. Nothing is ever too much trouble and the best thing for me is that if you lose your card you can stop it instantly and if your clumsy like me and then find it later on you can then unblock and use your card straight away. Keep up the good work team. I’ve pushed most of my pals and family to switch to you guys. 👍🏻
In recent years I have come to realise that customer loyalty means absolutely nothing to the business provider. There’s no sincerity appreciation and value of the custom I have provided to my previous bank. Since changing to Metro Bank the experience I have had feels like another world entirely. I am very satisfied with all aspects of the service I use whether online or going into my local branch. I’m truly happy. I have highly recommended Metro Bank to people even who I don’t know as I think Metro Bank is a class apart, and I have banked with a few banks over the years!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.