This vastly modified new version of MicroGuide allows medical organisations to self-manage and publish their own idiosyncratic antimicrobial protocols directly to the new App!
Now, not only can administrators manage their data as they see fit, they can update and publish it whenever they want.
Our fully functional and secure web portal is now available for protocol management, and the release of this version of the MicroGuide App is the first in a line of self-maintained specialist content management systems directly linked to mobile technology produced by Horizon Strategic Partners.
Each organisation that subscribes to the service can currently manage up to two antimicrobial guides simultaneously and can modify both the condition structure and condition content in any way they choose. Descriptions of what to expect in both guides are as follows;
Adult Antimicrobial Guide
Do you know what drug covers which bug? What antibiotic resistance is a problem in your locality? Are you competent at prescribing nephrotoxic drugs like gentamicin and vancomycin?
Many newly-qualified doctors and pharmacists find it challenging to know which bacteria are associated with different clinical infections and what antibiotic regimen will provide adequate cover.
The MicroGuide App provides a concise authoritative guide to the treatment of common infections and safe prescribing of antibiotics on a Trust by Trust basis.
Infections covered include:
- Septic shock and severe sepsis
- Meningitis and shunt infection
- Pneumonia (community and hospital)
- COPD exacerbation
- Urinary tract infection and pyelonephritis (including ESBL organisms)
- Cholecystitis and cholangitis
- Cellulitis and wound infection (including bite wounds)
- Necrotising fasciitis
- Septic arthritis
- Line infection
- Febrile neutropenia
Gentamicin and vancomycin dosing
Microguide App incorporates these great tools:
- a creatinine clearance calculator
- vancomycin dosing table by creatinine clearance
- gentamicin dosing interval calculator (just enter the serum level and the time)
The MicroGuide App also provides invaluable expert advice on specific topics including:
- MRSA carriage and decolonisation
- Clostridium difficile antibiotic risk factors
- Principles of safe and effective antibiotic prescribing
- Penicillin allergy and anaphylaxis
- IV to oral switch criteria and switch choices
A new section on the recognition and early management of severe sepsis and septic shock includes ‘The Sepsis Six’ – six life-saving interventions that can be performed by the junior doctor within the first hour after the onset of severe sepsis.
Paediatric Antimicrobial Guide
This module is based upon the successful pocket guide to first-line empirical antibiotic therapy for specific childhood infections, developed at University Hospital Southampton in 2010/11 by specialists in paediatric infectious diseases, microbiology and pharmacy.
Treatment recommendations are provided for common childhood infections in addition to a number of paediatric sub-specialities including gastroenterology, cystic fibrosis, oncology and ophthalmology.
- iPhoneX support
- Bug fixes for links to calculators
- Bug fixes to stop guides being deleted when a device runs low on storage
Ratings and Reviews
Looking forward to having it
In our Hospital,
I am sure this will have a large implication on Compliance with Prescription as per Hospital Guidelines.
No longer working
Used to be a great app to check antibiotic protocols in your specific hospital. However, now the app will not load any guidelines. Tried deleting individual guidelines and entire app and reloading to no avail. Needs urgent update. Using iPhone 7 with iOS 11.4.1
I am sorry that you are having issues with the app. Please make sure the app has an internet connection when downloading guidelines. If the problem continues please feel free to contact me directly on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guides wont open
This app would be great if I didn't have to delete and reinstall the guides every time I go to use them. A lot of other users in my hospital have same issue. Needs urgent update.
I am sorry you are having problems with the app. Can you please let me know the version of iPhone you have as well the OS that is running on it? We can then look into the problem.
- Horizon Strategic Partners Ltd
- 25.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © Horizon Strategic Partners Limited
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.