The powerful Excel spreadsheet app lets you create, view, edit and share your files quickly and easily. Send, view and edit workbooks attached to email messages from your phone with this powerful spreadsheet app from Microsoft.
Work in accounting, auditing, data analysis or other fields confidently with anyone, anywhere. With Excel, your Office moves with you. Implement the most complex formulas, charts and graphs with amazing features.
Review your spreadsheets and run data analysis or start a budget on the go. Customise your spreadsheet the way you want with robust formatting tools and great features. Excel lets you build your spreadsheet to meet your specific needs.
Get the complete Microsoft Office experience when you sign in with your Office 365 subscription. Create and edit spreadsheets, organise charts and share with ease when you download Microsoft Excel today.
Create, calculate and analyse spreadsheets
• Kick-start your budget, task list, accounting or financial analysis with Excel’s modern templates.
• Use familiar formulas to run calculations and analyse your data.
• Rich features and formatting options make your workbook easier to read and use.
• All spreadsheet features, formats and formulas operate the same way – no matter which device you use.
Review, Edit and Work Anywhere
• Review your Excel files from any device.
• Edit your data or update your task list from anywhere.
• Features like sort and filter columns help focus your reviews.
• Create, duplicate, hide and unhide sheets easily.
• Insert common charts and graphs to bring your data to life.
• Use features like add and edit chart labels to highlight key insights in your data.
Draw and annotate with ink
• Make notes, highlight portions of your worksheet, create shapes or write maths equations using the draw tab feature in Excel on devices with touch capabilities.
Sharing made easy
• Share your files with a few taps to quickly invite others to edit, view or leave comments directly in your workbooks.
• Copy the content of your worksheet into the body of an email message with its format intact or attach or copy a link to your workbook for other sharing options.
Download Microsoft Excel and get the best way to create, organise and manage data and spreadsheets from your iPhone or iPad.
To create or edit documents, sign in with a free Microsoft account on devices with a screen size smaller than 10.1 inches.
Unlock the full Microsoft Office experience with a qualifying Office 365 subscription (see http://aka.ms/Office365subscriptions) for your phone, tablet, PC and Mac.
Office 365 subscriptions purchased from the app will be charged to your App Store account and will automatically renew within 24 hours prior to the end of the current subscription period unless auto-renewal was disabled beforehand. You can manage your subscriptions in your App Store account settings.
This app is provided by either Microsoft or a third-party app publisher and is subject to a separate privacy statement and terms and conditions. Data provided through the use of this store and this app may be accessible to Microsoft or the third-party app publisher, as applicable, and transferred to, stored and processed in the United States or any other country where Microsoft or the app publisher and their affiliates or service providers maintain facilities.
Please refer to the Microsoft Software License Terms for Microsoft Office. See “License Agreement” link under Information. By installing the app, you agree to these terms and conditions.
• Get recommendations based on your activity and what others are working on around you
Did you know that with an Office 365 subscription, you can unlock the full power of Office across all your devices? Find special offers in the app.
Ratings and Reviews
Monthly subscription required
Update - after doing my homework to get excel to work for me via Microsoft account I now realise that it will never work for me on a subscription free basis as I have upgraded to an iPad Pro which is 10.5 and the free excel is only available for devices that are 10.1 or smaller. What a shame, it was very useful, I understand why they have this restriction but wonder if it isn’t time to expand the size limitation as it is highly unlikely that those using it for business would rely on a device as small as a 10.5 iPad.
Previous post: Been using it for years and now stopped working, never required a subscription for basic functions before, it would appear one is required now. I have paid a lot of money for the office suite on my laptop and don’t see why I cannot extend that use to my iPad. In any event I would prefer a one off purchase than yet another monthly amount going out of my account.
Unable to open excel files from mail app - ios11
This app is simply amazing, I’ve used it for a long time BUT since the new ios11 release and even the recent update to that
You can not open excel files which have been emailed to you anymore
This is what I use this for most, I want to be able to open excel files from mail in the excel app, but the app doesn’t appear anymore in the available apps to open files with :(
Please fix the Microsoft
Otherwise it’s a 5 star app - hence why I rated it 5 stars, in the hope they will fix this
Good Software, Some Irritating Glitches
After a recent burglary I was left with phone and a small notebook computer to make lists of stolen goods for the insurance company. I installed Excel on the phone and used my one-drive to make the files accessible from both devices. Not really- 😳 -The way it went was that I'd save & close a file, open it later from the other device, work on it and find I couldn't save because one drive thought it was still open elsewhere. In the end I had to save as a new workbook every time I changed devices, and include date and time in the file name.
- Microsoft Corporation
- 267.5 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Office 365 Personal £4.49
- Office 365 Personal £5.99
- Office 365 Home £7.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.