By Microsoft Corporation
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
“The best email app for the iPhone.” - The Verge
Meet Outlook for iOS, the app that helps millions of users connect all their email accounts, calendars and files in one convenient spot. Newly redesigned, Outlook for iOS lets you do more from one powerful inbox.
See what matters most first with the Focused inbox that keeps the important messages on top. Switch between your emails and calendar to schedule your next meeting or share your availability with just a few taps. Or grab a document from your Files list and attach it to an email seamlessly.
With everything you need only a tap away, managing your busy days is now easier than ever.
Outlook for iOS works with Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, Outlook.com (including Hotmail and MSN), Gmail, Yahoo Mail, and iCloud.
Here’s what you’ll love about Outlook for iOS:
Seamless inbox management
- A “Focused” inbox that displays your most important messages first. The more you use it, the smarter it gets.
- Swipe gestures to quickly schedule, delete and archive messages.
- Smart filters to help you sort through your inbox.
Easy access to calendar and files
- Share your meeting availability with just a tap and easily find times to meet with others.
- View and attach any file from your email, OneDrive, Dropbox, and more, without having to download them to your phone.
Work on the go
- Open Word, Excel, or other Office document attachments to edit them directly in the corresponding app and attach them back to an email.
- Set your Out of Office messages directly from your iPhone or iPad.
- Multitask seamlessly on iPad with full Split View support in iOS 9.
Try other great Microsoft apps for iOS: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, OneDrive, Skype, and Wunderlist.
What's New in Version 2.51.0
Support for iPhone X is here, for all those rocking Apple’s latest device.
All of our weekly updates also include performance improvements and bug fixes to make Outlook better for you. Questions or comments? Let us know via our in-app support in Settings, we’d love to hear from you.
Calendar upgrade needed
I really enjoy this app but it’s one downside is the fact I cannot sync my iPhone app calendar with my desktop calendar which is a great inconvenience. I do a lot of community work so I get invited to many meeting using the meeting scheduler function. If I accept on my laptop it goes into that calendar and the same on my iPhone but they won’t sync. Apparent this is an email imap/pop3 compatibility issue. Fix this and 5 stars would get my vote. Please sort this out!
Notification Badges are very hit and miss
I like this app, but the notification badge gives a false count every so often, and once it is wrong, it stays wrong no matter what you do to try and correct it. Resetting the account doesn’t work, deleting the account doesn’t work either. I am now perpetually at unread items +2 on my badge. I can get it to zero by reading/deleting the new mails, but if I empty my inbox, the next time a single mail arrives - my badge shows 3.
Other than this cosmetic issue, the app is great.
Good, but not perfect
Outlook is a well designed app that tries to emulate on a tablet the features of combined mail, calendar, contacts. There is a problem with the contacts functionality which crashes the app when you edit and creates duplicate contacts.
With perfectly good calendar and contacts apps available I am not sure it needs to be so complex an app.
For Exchange users it is a probably a better option than the Apple app.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 16 November 2017
- Version: 2.51.0
- Size: 214 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hausa, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Developer: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2015 Microsoft Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.