Outlook lets you bring all of your email accounts and calendars in one convenient spot. Whether it’s staying on top of your inbox or scheduling the next big thing, we make it easy to be your most productive, organised and connected self.
Here’s what you’ll love about Outlook for iOS:
- Focus on the right things with our smart inbox – we help you to sort between messages you need to act on straight away and everything else.
- Swipe to quickly schedule, delete and archive messages.
- Share your meeting availability with just a tap and easily find times to meet with others.
- Find everything you're looking for with our new search experience, including files, contacts and your upcoming trips.
- View and attach any file from your email, OneDrive, Dropbox and more, without having to download them to your phone.
- Bring all the apps you love in Outlook, including Facebook, Evernote, Trello and more.
- Open Word, Excel or other Office document attachments to edit them directly in the corresponding app and attach them back to an email.
Outlook for iOS works with Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, Outlook.com (including Hotmail and MSN), Gmail, Yahoo Mail and iCloud.
This update includes performance improvements and bug fixes to make Outlook better for you.
Feel free to send us any comments or questions through our in-app support in Settings – we’d like to hear from you.
Ratings and Reviews
Can't fault it in any way
Really good job from Microsoft here, really focuses on productivity and ease of use, really like the swipe options, calendar integration and multiple browser support, much better than apple Mail, really can't fault it
Still very impressed, love the file management aspect of the app and the fact that It recognises Parcel confirmations and hotel bookings and displays these in the search panel, it’s really intuitive and saves time when you need to access these types of emails. To suggest an improvement Would be great if I could pin emails at the top of inbox temporarily. All in all though still a brilliant app!
Deletes my email
However awful Outlook is on desktop, you’re pretty much stuck with it in corporate Windows environment. So using it on mobile too kind of makes sense for convenience and consistency.
Over the last couple of years I was willing to put up with its bugs and limitations - all complicated apps inevitably have them.
However I finally bit the bullet, removed it today and switched to a separate but better apps for email, calendar, and contacts. The reason is that it yesterday (for the second time this year) deleted a year’s email. It is ridiculously easy to brush the ‘select all’ and delete icons without realising it. Before you notice, your emails are disappearing before your eyes, with the deletions being synchronised across all devices linked to your accounts. So for 2nd time this year I have wasted hours going message by message through 3 sets of recycle bins trying to work out which messages were intentionally or unintentionally deleted, and restoring accordingly. Poor for an app that is supposed to increase productivity.
Downgrade from the standard iOS apps
My company used to allow us to synchronise iOS mail, calendar and contacts with their Exchange server (subject to installing a profile with a few controls). That was slick and great for productivity. Now, for some reason, they’ve forced us into using the Outlook app.
The one good thing is having a universal search which connects my contacts with related emails and meetings. Other than that, the experience is entirely worse on my iPhone 5s. Outlook is slow to start, very slow to add new appointments, clunky in the way I have to set dates and times or move appointments, buggy in synchronising contacts with the inbuilt app. My company security policy locks it down way too much, so I can’t even send an email attachment to a pdf reader app for marking up.
Reading this back to myself, I think I may have been generous with awarding 2 stars.
- Microsoft Corporation
- 319 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hausa, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Office 365 Personal £6.49
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.