Microsoft Translator is a free, personal translation app for 60+ languages, to translate text, voice, conversations, camera photos and screenshots. You can even download languages for offline translation for free to use when you travel!
• Text translation into over 60 languages*, for online and offline use
• Camera translation to translate text within photos and screenshots
• Voice translation to translate speech, and a split-screen mode for two participants having a bilingual conversation
• Multi-person conversation translation - connect your devices and have in-person conversations with up to 100 people across multiple languages
• Phrasebooks for verified translations and pronunciation guides to help you learn important phrases in foreign languages when you travel
• Look up alternate translations and meanings of a word to find the best translation to express yourself
• Download languages for offline use for when you travel without an internet connection
• Hear your translated phrase out loud to help you learn how to say the translation
• View transliterations (pronunciation guides) to help you pronounce the translation (includes Pinyin support for Chinese)
• Share your translations with other apps
• Pin and save your most frequent translations for later
• Translate websites on Safari using the Microsoft Translator browser extension
• Speak to your Apple watch to get an instant translation
• Automatically sync translations between your phone and Apple watch
Translator supports the following languages: Afrikaans, Arabic, Bangla, Bosnian (Latin), Bulgarian, Cantonese (Traditional), Catalan, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Fijian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Haitian Creole, Hebrew, Hindi, Hmong Daw, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kiswahili, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malagasy, Malay, Maltese, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Quer'etaro Otomi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian (Cyrillic), Serbian (Latin), Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tahitian, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Tongan, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Welsh, and Yucatec Maya.
Microsoft Translator is powered by cutting-edge technology used by Office, Bing, Skype, Internet Explorer as well as by partners such as Twitter, Yelp, eBay, WeChat and more.
*Some features are not available in all languages.
// Request for User Permissions //
1. View Network access
To detect whether the device is on Wi-Fi, mobile data, or not connected to a network. This helps the app know whether it should translate while online, or use an offline language pack.
2. Network access
For access to Wi-Fi or mobile data to perform text or speech translations, and download offline language packs.
To take pictures for image translations, and to scan QR codes when joining a conversation.
To translate speech.
To open photos from the device for image translation.
To open photos from the device for image translation, and to save downloaded offline language packs.
Fixed bug which led to crashes on some devices
Fixed issue where app was unresponsive on smaller screens, such as iPhone SE
Ratings and Reviews
So Far The Best
I switched from Google and have been using Microsoft for several months. It is an extremely useful and user friendly app. The translation has been mostly accurate. I love the offline feature. Also the voice translator.
However some work is needed as the voice translator does not always hear correctly and is not available offline.
Also I found translating from English is very good. But when reversing languages, the translation from Turkish to English does not give an accurate translation.
However I give the app 7/10. I should actually get paid, as I have been publicising this app on my travels and on social media. So many of my friends around the world have now downloaded it and regularly use it.
It’s a life saver...literally
In Spain & other places we’ve been it’s handy for in restaurants & shopping whilst abroad etc...
But...this year, while staying in Spain our dog ran off & for 3 whole days & nights, while he was missing. We were looking for him. The village where we stayed were helping us & one person put it all on her social media page...in Spanish ...we were out putting up notices...everything helped & the translated played a huge huge part ...who’d have thought it??? We got our beautiful dog back & are all at home. So I rate it a million times great,❤️🐾
This app had the ability to transform the world! I can't convey how much I am wowed by it. Speech translated into really accurate text, signage translated by taking a simple snap. It's just awesome, in the true sense of the word. Give the people who work on this a pay rise! They are making the world a better place, and helping people to build bridges and forge relationships that would otherwise have been impossible. Magic!
- Microsoft Corporation
- 168.3 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.