By Domestic Cat
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iOSMidi.com presents Midi Monitor - the free and easy way to test & monitor MIDI hardware. Now compatible with iPhone & Line 6 MIDI Mobilizer as well!
★ Top 20 in Music in over 35 countries, and featured in the App Store worldwide! ★
Now you can plug in a compatible MIDI device to send and receive messages using your iPad & MIDI Monitor. If you have an iPhone, you can use the Line 6 MIDI Mobilizer.
Alternatively connect via WiFi using a MIDI Network Session on OS X, or use the free app DSMIDIWiFi for PC or Mac.
Midi Monitor features:
★ Simple operation - simply plug in your MIDI Device via the Camera Connection Kit, Line 6 Midi Mobilizer, or connect using WiFi and start testing - all messages received display on the log.
★ Test your MIDI Devices to see if they are compatible with iPad & USB Camera Connection Kit
★ MIDI Out to hardware with your iPad - thanks to the built in controls & keyboard you can send MIDI messages from your iPad to your connected MIDI Device.
★ MIDI Out via the Line 6 MIDI Mobilizer on iPhone/iPad to any MIDI Hardware or device (or other iPhone/iPad!)
★ Use MIDI Monitor as a basic controller
★ Controls update to reflect MIDI Messages received
★ Handy for device diagnosis
★ More to come!
Check out iOSMIDI.com for more info.
What's New in Version 2.0
★ Be sure to check out our other app: Midi Touch, a professional, customisable MIDI controller! http://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/domestic-cat/id371184144?uo=4 ★
- Support for the Line 6 MIDI Mobilizer on both iPhone & iPad!
- Midi Monitor is now a universal app
- Midi over WiFi (PC & Mac): support for DSMidiWiFi
- Midi over WiFi (Mac only): more robust support for MIDI Network Sessions
- Added gestures for sliders: double tap on the slider 'rail' to jump to position, slide finger on rail for fine tuning
- Changed knob control style to vertical (was circular)
- Fixed bug reading pitch bend messages from some devices
Bugfixes & compatibility:
- Added support for Note Off messages with zero velocity
- Fixed a bug where CC 28 would send a on message when lifting off button
Excellent, but not for iOS 8
I've been using this for a while, but since upgrading to iOS 8 and 8.1 it has stopped working. In fact none of my MIDI apps work anymore with my USB MIDI interface, so I think this is something Apple have changed in iOS 8. What a pity.
Useful Test Tool
Helpful app when testing midi set-ups. Used to test rtp midi was setup correctly on my Pc... Ideal to test both note and controller data.
Ad-free Version Please
How about offering a paid alternative that doesn't pester the user with ads? This app will otherwise be a last resort for me as the constant banner ads irritate and distract.
- Category: Music
- Updated: 05 March 2011
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 3.3 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Patrick Richards
- © 2010 Domestic Cat
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.