Toucharcade's Game Of The Week!
"The Best Mobile Adventure Game You’ll Play This Year" - 5/5 IdigitalTimes.com
It's 1920's Norway, and you play as Ruth, a young woman who lives alone on a remote farm at the end of a faraway fjord. You take care of your cows and make delicious dairy products that your friend sells in the closest town. But life is hard and work is tough, and Ruth ponders: Is this really the life I want? It's not easier when mysterious things start happening to you and your cows.
And then a huge, mysterious ship descends from the skies, turning Ruth's life upside-down.
Milkmaid of the Milky Way is a delightful, classic point-and-tap adventure game that combines an exciting story with puzzles and exploration.
It's also written completely in rhyme!
If you like unique games like Loom, Broken Age and Monkey Island you should give this a try!
* A lovingly crafted universe with hand-painted backgrounds combined with old school pixel art
* An exciting, intriguing story filled with wonder
* All dialogue and game text written in rhyme!
* Puzzles and exploration, perfect for beginners and veterans alike
* Easy, touch-friendly controls and no fail-state gameplay
* Autosave and custom save games
* Lovely, original soundtracks
* Made in Norway by one dedicated guy
* 2-4 hours of playtime
* Works on both iPhone and iPad
* English, French and Norwegian languages
* Four earth-based cows
- New Languages! Now you can play the game in rhyming French and Norwegian!
- Auto-rotate support
- A few bug fixes
Thanks for playing my game, you're awesome!
Ratings and Reviews
Thoroughly enjoyable. Look forward to more from Mathis Folkestad. Really pleasing to play and the rhyming adds extra enjoyment. Loved the protagonist Ruth even when her mounds hit the ground 😉. I was one of those who got stuck so I appreciate Machineboy (Appunwrapper) but I have no doubt for most it will be challenging, fun and doable. I’m just sorry it’s over, for now. Maybe we will get to follow Ruth in her universal travels (fingers crossed).
Classic Adventure Game
As an original 80s LucasFilm adventure gamer I can can give this 5 stars. Beautiful nostalgic game. I played this with my 4 year old and read out all the conversations (which rhyme by the way) and he loved it. Quality!
Beautiful game. Intriguing story.
The artwork is beautiful with a retro look and feel. The story is fun and bizarre - you can't second guess where the narrative is taking you. Sometimes I found the controls a bit sticky. Great game and hope there is a follow up if only to find out if Ruth breaks the curse.
- Machineboy AS
- 215.7 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- © 2016 Mattis Folkestad
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.