This is Mina, the mobile app designed for pipeline inspection engineers to “add detail and value to your survey”. That’s a nice selection of fluffy marketing words, but what does it mean, and more importantly what does it mean to you? There are two main functions, and in no particular order, the first is the ability to create and share detailed survey drawings:
- Use Google Maps to plot clear and accurate site survey maps. Taking away the need for you to sketch a rough overview on a scrap of paper, instead they can snap a screenshot of the location and sketch in the details all with the app.
- Insert industry recognised icons to mark key attributes from your survey. Take them straight from the library of itemised icons including “manhole”, “petrol interceptor”, “soakaway”, “water flow” and many more.
- Use standard smart-device technology gestures with mina. Pinch, expand and rotate your map and icons to create the most accurate survey map.
- Export your mina survey drawing using any of the features and sharing apps on your smart device including WhatsApp, Dropbox, MMS, email and more.
By linking your smartphone/device to your WiFi enabled push-rod camera system, (currently only available for Maxprobe and Explorer models) you will be able to:
- Duplicate your camera display. Should the job you are on require two displays, or if taking your push-rod camera down the manhole is not an option, simply link your smart device and take that with you instead. You can still take screenshots if you need to, and this function also makes demonstrating the job in hand to your customers even easier.
- Export Wincan surveys from your pipeline inspection system direct to mina. These can then be shared via the mobiles sharing apps or emailed to your personal contacts.
- Control your pipeline inspection system remotely. This gives users the ability to control the start/stop record, camera light level and meterage settings remotely.
- Import your survey drawing via WiFi into a WinCan Embedded pipeline inspection system to create a fully finished report that can be printed out, onsite or at home.
Ratings and Reviews
It’s ok but it’s a shame you can only use google maps, we find sometimes bing maps is more up to date. Being able to plot on a picture would be beneficial as would having the option of saving work then going back to it.
Overall can’t really complain as it’s a free app most probably will get better with time
We look forward to the updates
This is going to be the next big thing
I’ve seen this being demonstrated at a live exhibition and whilst they clearly have big plans for it, what it can do already is going to massively improve my service to my customers. The ability to plot over a real map image and give a clear picture of what has been surveyed will be with pre-built icons will be great. Looking forward to seeing the developments
Mina drainage report software
Another great product from ScanProbe techniques.
I’ve been an extremely satisfied customer for many years and I’m really excited to use this Software.
Judging from the demo at the recent No-Dig live show, it’s going to be a real game changer.
Well done ScanProbe
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.