MINI Connected Classic
By BMW GROUP
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This app is no longer being supported. For the latest MINI experience, please search for and download “MINI Connected”. The app includes many new functions and also continues various features of MINI Connected Classic and MINI Connected XL Journey Mate.
Simply connect your iPhone to the USB port of your MINI, or pair it via Bluetooth (only in MINIs with Bluetooth App compatibility), and the MINI Controller, the high-definition display and the vehicle's sound system let you experience the various functions of this app.
To find out about compatibility with iPhones and any other information, check out www.MINI.com/connectivity.
- With the new core function MINI Streetwise we introduce route prediction. Trip details like duration, fuel consumption and more are used to show you the best way to get to your destinations.
- Collect experiences by recording trips on your ways, try different streets and Streetwise will give you recommendations which ways to choose, all based on your own personal collected data.
- All possibilities and experiences can be viewed and analysed on your smart phone.
- Besides other information, Status shows your MINI’s location and gives you guidance to it.
- Gives the possibility to search for places, addresses and more. Use addresses for a hand-over to the optional navigation system, or call phone numbers straight from MINI Connected Classic. Availability of the service varies.
Sports Instruments & Forcemeter:
- The familiar and popular function of Sports instrument offers the possibility to see your power output in real time. Force Meter to displaying all G-Forces.
- Get the full overview of all you appointments in your MINI. See meeting details like attendees, phone numbers and addresses. All information can be used straight from MINI Connected Classic.
- Let’s you listen to vocalised details of appointments over the car audio system
Requirements and tips: For Online Search function a user registration is required before use, please see the “more app” section in the MINI Connected Classic app. Data collected by MINI Streetwise is stored within the MINI Connected Classic app and not send. Deleting MINI Connected Classic will also delete all collected routes and trips. Several functions are only available when the end device is connected to a MINI model with the "MINI Connected" option. The range of features and functions may differ from version to version and country to country. As selected functions are dependent on connections to third party providers, it is possible that they may not be available at all times and in the same form. A broadband connection is required. Any extra costs resulting from this (e.g. roaming charges) are a part of the customer's contract with the network provider. Please also take care to observe country-specific preconditions and requirements. Limited functionality may be experienced as a result of insufficient bandwidth or volume-based bandwidth limitation (bandwidth capping) on the part of the network provider. As a result of this, MINI can provide no guarantee for the unlimited compatibility and functionality of your mobile device when connected with the vehicle interface.
What's New in Version 3.1.1
- Additional to MINI Connected Classic and MINI Connected XL JourneyMate, we will launch an all new MINI Connected in the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, USA
This started out a few years ago as a reasonably good app. Not great, but useful and easy to use. Every year since its launch it has gone downhill - less functions, more fiddly - and now it is all but useless. The sooner BMW/MINI realise they simply don't have the expertise for in car media and switch to CarPlay the better for its customers worldwide.
used to be a handy app — until they removed Send to Car. It was the most popular function as confirmed by every review and report on Mini Connected. Understand that it was initially removed due to the changes in Google Maps but why hasn’t BMW updated this function to work as it is now available in the new Google Maps. They managed to update the comparable BMW service but left Mini customers without the service.
Terrible update that takes several steps back - avoid!
I bought my new Mini Cooper in June and loved the Mini connected system - the integrated app offered that real quirkiness that comes only with mini. How I miss this - what has been replaced instead, is a pointless "streetwise" that offers not a lot of useful info... when it works, which quite frankly, it doesn't. The fun factor definitely feels like it's been removed. Hope you're listening to all these bad reviews mini - suggest you go back!!
Terrible - awful - badly designed
An awful app. It needs so much work just to get it to a state I would give it 1 star without being forced to do so (you have to give 1 star minimum). It is badly designed, badly coded, full of bugs and to top it off they just keep removing features to make it a truly useless and appalling app. The worst I have ever used and to top it off MINI do not care - having spoken to their customer service team who think it's funny that this app is just so, so poor.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 13 October 2016
- Version: 3.1.1
- Size: 23.6 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Developer: Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft
- © Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.