Welcome to Mini Text - The Text Editor for iPhone and iPad that lets you edit TXT, RTF and RTFD files.
• Adjust font, font size, color, background color, alignment.
• Adjust line and paragraph spacing*.
• Modify the text style quickly using the style menu, which automatically lists all the font sizes/colors used in a document*.
• View a document with 1x, 1.5x, 2x zoom scale.
• Undo & Redo
• Insert images into RTFD documents from the Camera Roll and Camera.
• Paste images from the Pasteboard.
• Fix spelling mistakes easily with spelling results and suggestions.
• Tapping a spelling result will scroll to it's location in the document so that changes can be made.
• Find occurrences of words and characters in a document with keyword search.
• Tap a search result to scroll to it's location in the document.
• View and navigate you document quickly with thumbnail previews.
• Scroll the editor to a particular page by tapping a page thumbnail.
• View thumbnails in 3 sizes.
Preview & Read
• A full screen preview lets you easily read a document without the distraction of controls and buttons.
• View key statistics about your document with character, word, sentence, paragraph and page counts.
• Statistics include counts for nouns, verbs, adjectives, prepositions, pronouns and interjections.
• A document can be shared by Email, stored on iCloud Drive and copied to iTunes for backup on a Mac or PC.
• Documents can be exported in PDF, RTF, RTFD, TXT & HTML formats.
• Print a hardcopy of a document by sending it directly to a printer using AirPrint™. Preview the document before printing to check content.
• Files can be imported from Email attachments, iCloud Drive and from iTunes. Supported file formats include TXT, RTF and RTFD.
• Store documents in iCloud so that they are available on all your devices.
• Import and Export documents to iCloud Drive*.
• Adjust Auto Capitalization settings to Sentences, Words, All or None.
• Adjust page size and margins. A4 and US Letter in Portrait and Landscape.
• Show line numbers*.
• View documents more easily on iPad with Readable Width*.
• File thumbnails
• 3 Zoom levels to increase on screen text size.
(*In App Purchase required)
- UI update for iPhone XS Max
- Fixes an issue related to adding a comma or full stop after using predictive text at the end of a document.
Ratings and Reviews
At last, a dedicated RTF editor
This is just what I've been looking for, for years. An RTF word processor that has nothing to do with the crud of MS Word, that doesn't add PDF or handwriting or other such stuff to try to be an all dancing & singing 3-or-more-in-1 app, that doesn't make you use Markdown or HTML to format, and which just sticks to RTF (or plain text) and that exports to RTF exactly as you've formatted your document. There are very few, if any, such apps.
It has formatting as per the description, all within easy reach, although it lacks lists and indenting (you can instead use their "Uni" keyboard app to insert bullet symbols). For underlining, you can use the iOS toolbar. You can also choose letter size, eg: A4 or US Letter, and can adjust margins (in cm only, not inches).
I find it particularly useful that you can zoom the view without having to adjust the font size. Eg: you can set the font size to, say, 11pt and set the app to be able to zoom in to view it without enlarging the actual font size - not many other text editors I've tried do this, instead they force me to use a much bigger font size in order to comfortably read it on the iPad but which is then HUGE when exported to my Mac. Also, many other text editors only let you pick a limited number of font sizes - Mini Text lets you choose from 8 to 144 pt and everything in-between (using + and - signs next to the preset sizes).
I also like the optional "readable width", which adds margins either side of the page in landscape view.
The Statistics panel is great, with loads more stats than just the number of characters and lines.
There are maybe a few missing features, like lists and indentations (or tabs), having the cursor back/forward buttons in portrait as well as landscape view (as they disappear in portrait view), having down/up cursor buttons, an extended keyboard for favourite characters and symbols, being able to insert a page break, and folders, all of which would be very useful and would make this the very best of RTF apps. Maybe I can wish and hope for these to be included in a future update?
- Thomas Blackburn
- 21.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, French, German
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016-2018 Thomas Blackburn
- In-App Purchases
- Mini Text Upgrade £2.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.