Use the minicabit app to find and compare cheap cabs that you can book on the go. With minicabit, you can book airport transfers, or arrange cabs for journeys in more than 300 towns and cities across the UK.
As seen on BBC's Dragons' Den and winner of the Startup Awards: App of the Year for 2015, our app will get you the best taxi fares for a lift anywhere in the UK, not just for London cabs. It’s simple and inexpensive, so you can ditch the London Underground Tube Map and book a taxi cab!
As the UK's largest cab comparison service, we can find minicabs in London, Manchester, Birmingham, Bristol, Oxford, Edinburgh, Leeds, Reading. As the UK's largest cab comparison service, we can find minicabs in London, Manchester, Birmingham, Bristol, Oxford, Edinburgh, Nottingham and Reading.
Our easy-to-use taxi app is backed by mobile operator O2 and provides cheap cab fares sourced from over 800 providers. Remove the need to call a taxi and get the right transport with minicabit, regardless of your needs. Travelling for business or as part of a group? Fill in any passenger specifications or luggage requirements for airport transfers with our app.
minicabit is offered as a preferred partner on many of the UK's leading travel & leisure websites, such as Heathrow Airport, Visit Britain, London City Airport and Royal Ascot. If you’re in search for a minicab to London from another part of the country then we can find local cab companies that you can book online with ease.
Want to book a cab?
1. Enter your trip details 2. Choose a cab fare 3. Book your mini cab
Key additional features include:
- No need to call a taxi company for a cheap cab for airport transfers or local trips – with our taxi fare calculator you receive real-time cab quotes from licensed cab providers based at both ends of your trip and rated by customers.
• Minicabs available in over 300 towns and cities across the UK, including London, Birmingham, Manchester, getting you the cheapest cost possible when you need to book a cab, as it's the UK's largest cab comparison service.
• Our free app uses our taxi fare calculator to easily book a cheap single or return trip minicab service for 1 to 8 passengers, including for Executive cars
• A meet and greet by taxi drivers when picking you up for your airport transfers, for taxis from Heathrow Airport, London City Airport, Stansted and more.
• Enter any UK location or choose from either a list of 200+ popular Points of Interest, your most recent searches, GPS 'locate me' feature, or by placing a pin on our UK-wide map
• Receive free notifications of your minicab booking by SMS and e-mail
• Got extra luggage? Tell us how many pieces and we will work out the right size car, whether you're carrying suitcases, camping gear or boxes!
• Pay by cash, Paypal, debit or credit card with Visa, MasterCard or American Express.
• Book your journey with up to 7 additional via options. Perfect for getting everyone picked up / dropped off exactly where they need to be.
You can use minicabit from all sorts of destinations 24/7- including airports such as Heathrow, Stansted and Gatwick; train stations such as Kings Cross, Waterloo, London Bridge and Euston; or cities like London, Oxford, Edinburgh, Cardiff, Reading, Leeds, Bristol, Glasgow, Manchester, Birmingham and Nottingham. It’s even better than public transport, because it’s always available and you can book a cab in just a few clicks.
Have any feedback or need help with our service? Email us at email@example.com
Booking flow improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Started off great...
I really liked using this app at first. I liked the chat feature and the service I got was good. However, every time I ordered a cab and choose a provider, the cab driver would always try and grill me about why I booked through minicabit and not directly through them. Regardless of the provider, I got the same talk. It made me think that perhaps MiniCabit doesn’t have a good business relation with the cab providers it works with.
Today I booked a cab, paid for it and got my confirmation. I later received an email and text telling my my provider had been changed. Then I got another message. When my cab never came, I called the provider (contact details provided my MiniCabit via sms). The provider did not know about my booking. I then immediately contacted MiniCabit via chat in their app. I was given a new contact number for a new provider and told that provider had my booking. Called the number, and they didn’t know about my booking.
Happens once, I can put it down to human error. But, happens again after I complained, this is totally understandable. Time to delete the app (once I get my refund).
Addition to the above. On chat with the company via app, told to wait while they process my refund. Now I get a message stating my session has been closed. OMG! This is more stress than I need. Wish I could award it as zero stars.
We are sorry to hear that your experience with the cab operators you had selected was unsatisfactory.
This is uncharacteristic to the level of service the providers usually offer.
We apologise for the inconvenience you were caused, please refer to your email for further details about your refund.
The minicabit team
Do Not Download - No Actual Live Person Supporting on Weekends
(1) App does not let you see your upcoming bookings or any option to modify it.
(2) Live Chat does not exist - No agents available on weekends or nights. No phone support. No one responds to emails.
(3) They Charge about 20-25 % more than booking direct. Arrow Taxi charges £85 for booking direct to Worthing from Heathrow. MiniCabit charges £105. Starlite Cars charge £80 and MiniCabit charges £100.
You would think for that extra markup that they charge their customers, they would have the decency to actually have customer service but no. No email, no live chat, no phone.
(4) Taxi Operators also know that they can pass the blame to MiniCabIt so they just are rude to the customers, cancel when they want to, and say file a complaint to minicabit - like Starlite Cars in London.
No need to download the app if there is nothing value added here. Just go direct to Taxi Operators - or better yet - if you are not in a rush - take the train. Avoid Cabs in the UK. They are not regulated.
I was looking for a place to submit complaints for Taxi Operators - there is none. That is why they can be rude to customers.
We're sorry to hear you had trouble with the app.
This has been reported and fixed in the meantime and we appreciate the feedback, this has been taken into consideration.
Please note that the cab operators set the prices, we simply display them for the trip you are searching.
Should you require any assistance, our Livechat service operates 24/7, our agents are more than happy to help.
The minicabit team
I didn’t book through the app.. but the service I have received was over and above impressive. I got notification on booking both on app and sms. I got notification of who my designated driver is with a picture. My driver was friendly and early. He assisted me with my luggage both at the house and even went to far as to run off and bring me back a trolley. I have had nothing but professional service from Minicabit. Thank you
Thanks for you 5 star review of minicabit.
We are delighted your usability of the service received was of an excellent standard.
We also appreciate greatly that the journey booked with minicabit was professional and that all went well.
We hope to see you again very soon book with minicabit
Head of Operations
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.