Mixlr is a simple way to broadcast, share and listen to live audio.
Create your own live audio content, or explore a growing world of musicians, bands, DJ's, radio stations, sports teams, journalists, comedians and podcasters who use Mixlr to share live audio.
• Broadcast high-quality live audio with your built in mic
• Use your own headset or plug in an external device
• Share your live broadcasts directly to Facebook and Twitter and more
• Record your live broadcasts locally and save them to your showreel
• Share, export and playback your broadcasts later
• Listen to all your favourite live audio on the go
• Browse broadcasts, categories and search easily for any Mixlr artist or user
• Follow your favourite content creators and receive a push notification when they go live
• Chat with the broadcaster and other listeners live
• Heart the moments you like and spread some love as you listen live
• Login and register with email and Facebook
Keep updated on the latest news and product developments by connecting with us on the following channels:
FEEDBACK? NEED HELP?
A full range of support articles can be found at our support centre:
If you’ve got any comments or feedback, we want to hear about it. You can get in touch with us here: http://mixlr.com/help/contact
This update includes the following improvements:
* New sharing dialog
* Fixed a crash happening when trying to use the app with Audiobus
Ratings and Reviews
Works great, could be better
The App does exactly what it says on the tin. Can't fault it there. It just needs a few minor tweaks to make it perfect:
1) The option of choosing the audio source; built in mic or Jack plug. It keeps switching from the Jack plug to the mic, no matter what I do.
2) A ticker showing how many times your 'published' audio has been listened too. They will send you an email with these figures, but it's nice to see it rising like YouTubes does.
3) Being able to be followed without them having to register. Maybe just through Facebook, not a lot of people would sign up and register an account unless they really wanted to follow you.
Apart from that it's a great App.
Good app, but upgrade needed.
I like how you can broadcast live practically anywhere, as long as you’ve got an internet connection and in conjunction with Audiobus. And the app isn’t to buggy, simple to use. But it could do with updating and modernising.
What does really bug me though isn’t the app itself, but some of the channels that broadcast. There’s no control over what’s broadcast in what group/genre. e.g. You go into Drum and Bass, and you find being broadcasted 80’s music or a religious sermon. It just makes it hard to find the music you like in the right genre. I get the feeling the makers of this app have given up on it. 😞
Thanks for your feedback! It's up to broadcasters to select the correct category for their shows and it's obviously a good idea if they select the right genre so that listeners can find what they're looking for. We appreciate your comments here and we'll look into whether we can improve the set up process for broadcasters so we can help them to select the correct genre for their broadcasts.
It is very difficult to navigate to specific time points on the recorded shows in showreels (better scrubbing control / fast forward / jump forward / time stamp preview, etc is needed). The app crashes and needs to be force quit often, but it doesn't remember the position where I was on a recorded showreel track, and it is very difficult to navigate back to the correct position. There isn't a quick way to view a list of who I'm following, so I have to search for them every time I want to check their showreel.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.