Convenient and easy to use, Moasure is a 300m/1000ft tape measure, ruler, protractor and a goniometer (angle measurer) - all in one simple app.
Simply move your phone from one point to another point and Moasure displays the distance or height difference between the two points, or the angle between them.
Top 10 in overall App Store in 101 countries.
There’s no tape, no string, no laser beam or camera images. Instead Moasure uses the same technology found in space rocket guidance systems – the iPhone’s accelerometers and gyroscopes – to calculate precisely how far you have moved your phone. Moasure really is rocket science!
Moasure can measure the length, width, and height of objects, as well as internal room dimensions and even inter-room dimensions.
In fact, there’s not much that Moasure can’t measure.
• Measures distances from 10cm to 3000m (4” to 1000ft) quickly and easily.
• The only app that retains its accuracy for distances greater than 10m/30ft, thanks to Moasure’s unique multi-step measurement mode.
• 5 different measuring modes for measuring objects, spaces, height difference and angles.
• Measures round obstacles as if they weren’t there - great for measuring room dimensions.
• Label and save measurements for future reference, printing and sharing via SMS or email.
• Displays in metric or imperial units.
• Measures the angle between two lines or surfaces.
• Distance accuracy better than 1% accuracy on iPhone 7 and 2% on iPhone 6. Angle accuracy better than 1 degree. (Watch the help videos for tips on achieving the best accuracy.)
IMPORTANT: Moasure has not been designed for use on iPad, because of its size. Please be careful when using an iPad to take measurements.
A simple app on your smartphone, Moasure is available whenever and wherever you need it. No Internet connection is needed, and there’s no need to hunt through a toolbox or kitchen drawer for a ruler, tape measure or a laser. You’ll never find yourself without a tape measure.
EASY TO USE:
You don’t need someone to hold the end of a tape measure, just move your smartphone from A to B and let Moasure do the rest. The measurement will be displayed on your screen instantly.
Moasure can measure almost anything, from the width of a tile to the length of your garden. If there’s something in the way, like a wall, just walk round it and Moasure will measure straight through it.
USED BY PROFESSIONALS:
Moasure is a serious measuring tool, suitable for use by professionals. It‘s ideal for estimating dimensions when quoting for jobs. (However, please don’t use Moasure when measuring to cut or drill material – it isn’t accurate enough to do that just yet.)
Moasure uses patented technology to get the most accurate and consistent results of any motion-measuring app available.
The accuracy of the measurement depends on the iPhone model, and the time it takes to complete the measurement. A visible and audible timer indicates when the accuracy starts to deteriorate.
For even greater accuracy, you can repeat the measurement a number of times and Moasure displays the average measurement.
We’ve taken thousands of test measurements, covering all the different iPhone models, with the following results*:
(values in brackets are for average of 3 measurements)
On iPhone 7/7 Plus:
• measurements within 0.5% accuracy: 67% (92%)
• measurements within 1.0% accuracy: 97% (100%)
On iPhone 6/6 Plus, single measurement:
• measurements within 1.0% accuracy: 83% (100%)
• measurements within 1.5% accuracy: 97% (100%)
*Results are for measurements taking 2 to 3 seconds to complete. Measurements over a shorter period should be more accurate, whilst longer measurements will be less accurate. When using multi-step measurements, the accuracy is determined by the time period for each measuring step.
Please see our website: www.moasure.com
- Minor bug fixes
- All new user interface, makes measurements even easier.
- New and improved tutorial and help features.
- New measurement algorithm provides even greater measurement accuracy.
- Now measures distances from 10cm to 300m (4” to 1000ft) quickly and easily.
- Automatically detects which way you’re moving the phone and adds on the correct phone dimension.
- New ‘Height Difference’ mode allows you to measure the height difference between any two objects, even if they’re separated by up to 300m/1000ft.
- Now you can label and save measurements for future reference.
- Print saved measurements.
- Share saved measurements via SMS and email.
- Now available in Dutch, Swedish, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese n addition to English (US), English (UK), German, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian and Polish.
- Plus many more improvements – too many to mention.
Ratings and Reviews
I downloaded this app with high hopes some time ago. I took the time to calibrate the phone. I’ve taken careful note of all the instructions and have to say I am extremely disappointed. For a short distance of maybe a couple of inches you can get reasonably close but it’s a different result every time. Measuring a room? Forget it, absolutely not a hope and I would be genuinely interested to hear from anyone who has genuinely achieved an accurate map of even the most basic box shaped room. I’ve given this a lot of time and patience, I’ve tried to use it many times but with zero success.
I'm sorry to hear that you're not having success with Moasure yet. The minimum measurement you can make with Moasure is 100mm/4 inches. Given that you say you were trying to measure a distance of 2 inches, perhaps you're not using Moasure correctly, and that's why you're experiencing poor results?
I should also point out that Moasure doesn't create room plans (as yet). However, it can be used to reliably measure individual room dimensions, with an accuracy of 2%-3%, depending on your phone model.
If you can please contact us using the in-app support, or email us on email@example.com, we'll be happy to help you!
Eduard @ Moasure
Brilliant little app!
Really useful little tool. Great for times don't have a tape measure when out in the shops and want to measure something. Or even when trying to measure the conference room tape measure only went to 5m this worked a treat :) make sure to spend a bit of time watching the videos and calibrating the app, then it work no problem!
Hi E Sánchez, Thank you for your review. Great to hear you're finding Moasure useful. Thanks for sharing the tip to watch the videos and to calibrate the app!! :) Best regards, the Moasure team.
A wonderfully simple and convenient way to measure almost anything using your phone. Extremely high degree of accuracy. It's one of those things you wish you'd always had and will use all the time. Follow the instructions carefully and all will be well. Many new and useful features.
Hi Ellgee43, Thank you for your review. Pleased to hear you're finding Moasure convenient and achieving a high level of accuracy. Best regards,
the Moasure team.
- 3D technologies Ltd
- 54.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation) and iPod touch (6th generation).
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016-2017 3D Technologies Ltd. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.