*** As Featured on TV ***
Hundreds of new and exciting UK restaurants added to the guide, fabulous new mapping and even more restaurants with on-line booking direct from this app. Plus, the NEW Mobile Food Guide to Paris included free with this app.
The Mobile Food Guide is Britain's established and trusted on-line quality restaurant guide. This app is a guide to thousands of the best restaurants in Great Britain, Northern Ireland, Southern Ireland, the holiday island of Mallorca and now Paris, featuring grand luxury restaurants to tiny bistros.
Many more countries and holiday destinations will follow with FREE updates so this is a once only purchase with a lifetime of free updates and additions.
- Venice (New)
Featured in iTunes 'New and Noteworthy'
* Only the best restaurants make it onto the MFG. They are selected for quality and balance.
* MFG Restaurant Locator shows the restaurants near where you are.
* Plan ahead! Use search or choose a restaurant from an easy drop down list by county/region/town or simply scroll across the map.
* Full reviews with new restaurants being added daily.
* Menus, open times, restaurant web-links, colour photographs and one touch dial.
* Many restaurants have on-line booking - the MFG provides easy on-line reservations with instant email confirmation.
* Local Gems - A short list of specially recommended restaurants.
* GPS plots your route to your chosen restaurant.
* Bookmark your favourite restaurants.
* Feedback to the MFG from your iPhone or iPad.
* Suggest a restaurant to be included on the MFG.
* You can now add your own personal restaurant reviews and read reviews by other Mobile Food Guide users. Share your own restaurant experiences with other members of The Mobile Food Guide community.
* Unlike many other restaurant apps The Mobile Food Guide is on-line and updated every day as restaurants come and go, rise and fall.
* Unlike many other restaurant apps you don't have to pay for the latest copy every year.
* Unlike many other restaurant apps only the best restaurants are selected.
Ratings and Reviews
My first choice for picking restaurants
MFG was the first restaurant guide I bought for my iPhone and it's still my first port of call two and a half years on
The restaurant descriptions are informative and accurate in the vast majority of cases, though you do need to read between the lines. It should also be noted that this is a guide not a review service - more Good Pub Guide than Tripadvisor - so don't expect it to tell you explicitly where establishments fall down. Finally, I have come across a number of "reviews" which bear a striking resemblance to the text on the respective restaurants' websites.
So overall I have no hesitation in recommending MFG to you, but do read carefully!
I have used the online site for sometime and love it, the iphone version has been great and I found it to be useful when out on the road and having to take clients out for lunch/dinner. Can't wait for the new iPad app which I understand is out soon, well done TMFG
"The World's Best Restaurants" is a highly misleading claim. I have just purchased this app on a business trip in Zürich. It does not work in Switzerland. Re-reading the blurb, admittedly it does say that this app only covers the UK and Mallorca - so it's currently useless anywhere else. So to use the phrase "The World's Best Restaurants" is premature to say the least. I'll have to wait until I'm back in the UK before seeing how good it is.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.