The Moog Model 15 App is the first Moog modular synthesizer and synthesis educational tool created exclusively for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
Each facet of the Moog Model 15 modular synthesizer has been meticulously recreated in this application to ensure the power and transcendent sound quality of each module remains intact. The character, harmonic complexity and mystique of the Moog Model 15’s modules, from the legendary Moog 921–series oscillators and 904A Low Pass Filter, to the coveted 907 Fixed Filter Bank have been painstakingly preserved.
In order to develop the most immersive and expressive modular interface possible, the Model 15 App has been designed utilizing Apple’s new Metal advanced graphics engine. This ensures that all zooming, panning and modular patching throughout the application feels completely natural, something that would have been impossible otherwise.
The Model 15 App features both monophonic and 4-voice polyphonic operation is easily commanded via 4 seamlessly integrated controllers. Simple swipes and taps provide instant access to a traditional Moog keyboard, 1150 ribbon controller, 8-step sequencing arpeggiator and the award-winning Animoog keyboard with 22 built-in scales and polyphonic modulation capabilities.
Also included are extended features which expand the capabilities of the app beyond the traditional offerings of the hardware Moog Model 15. These include total MIDI integration, assignment for external control, use as a MIDI controller, dedicated Audio Bridge and MIDI Bridge modules, looping recorder module with overdubbing, a master ping-pong delay module and a new extension cabinet that includes additional amplifiers and voltage-controlled reversible attenuators that can be used for effects like ring-modulation.
Because the Model 15 App utilizes Apple’s Metal technology, only 64-bit devices are supported. Compatible devices include iPhone 5s or newer, iPod touch 6 or newer, iPad Air or newer, and the iPad Pro.
The Model 15 App requires iOS version 9.3 or later to work.
• Ships with over 160 unique presets
• Recreates the sound of a hardware Moog Model 15 modular synthesizer
• Easily share presets and recordings with anyone
• Tutorial patches to assist all experience levels
• Intuitive patching and cable coloring
• Support for landscape and portrait modes
• Voltage-controlled stereo ping-pong delay
• Expressive sequencing arpeggiator
• Moog 1150 Ribbon controller
• Real-time looping recorder with overdub and immediate sharing
• Up to two controllers on-screen (iPad only)
• Optional left-handed UI operation
• AUv3 Audio Unit Extensions
• 3D Touch and Apple Pencil integration for after pressure
• Note-per-channel MIDI controllers
• Ableton Link
• Inter-App Audio and Audiobus
• MIDI Bridge and Audio Bridge
• 7 and 14-Bit MIDI
• MIDI Program Change
• Bluetooth LE MIDI controllers
• Typing keyboards for shortcuts and musical typing
• AudioCopy, AudioPaste and AudioShare
• Fixed the recorder 4-beat count-in with Ableton Link. When connected to Link, the recorder now blinks for a moment while the app is syncing to Link Tempo. Once in synced, the recorder starts its count-in as usual.
• Fixed an issue where disabling "Vertical Slides as Modulation" while playing the keyboard would keep the modulation active.
• Midi Bank Change was wrongly responding to CC0 only, while it should have been CC0 and CC32, with CC32 being the LSB.
Ratings and Reviews
I love my synths, virtual and real, and this is exceptionally good. I have ancient real analogue machines and fantastic soft synths too, but this in now my favourite.
It's very solid. The ability to process external sound is also great, the next nearest app for that is probably iVCS3, for weirdness, awesome fun! Fantastic job Moog, thank-you, and I agree, worth every penny. It feels and sounds like a vintage analogue circa 'Well Tempered Synthesizer', and that's honestly the first thing that I thought of as I went through the presets. The real fun is in creating new sounds though (as with all synths), and the possibilities here are just staggering. Beautiful.
Forget presets, build and learn at the same time, subtractive synthesis is the initial stages of a learning journey and this app is incredible in sound, performance and a credit to the late man himself, Mr B Moog (an absolute legend). I started with this app, now have a couple of mother 32's, who knows what next, keep up good work guys, and you get this app. Only one negative response is the tutorials should go a little deeper, wiring other modules with hints/tricks, I would prefer to pay a little extra for this than spending money on presets.
This sounds wonderful through headphones, and even better through an amp. It’s complex, but that is to be expected- it’s a modular synth after all. I’ve realised that this is going to be a long process, and I’m happy with that. I did find it rather bewildering at first, and I’ve had the app since the day of release, but since buying their Model D app and studying it I’ve begun to appreciate how these instruments work.
I’ll be enjoying this for years to come.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Moog Music Inc.
- 239.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation) and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016 Moog Music Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Psychotropic Synthesis £2.99
- Textural Points £4.99
- Sonic Mayhem £2.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.