Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Molarity App from Sigma-Aldrich(R) is a chemistry calculator tool that generates lab-ready directions describing how to prepare an acid or base solution of a specified molarity or normality from a concentrated acid or base solution. A second tab includes a general molarity function that calculates the mass of any reagent needed to prepare a given volume of solution of desired molarity. A third tab features a stock dilution function that calculates how to dilute a stock solution of any known molarity to your desired volume and molarity.
- Calculates molarity and normality for common commercial acid and base solutions by auto-populating density, formula weight and weight percentage.
- Users may input lot-specific certificate of analysis values for density and weight percentage.
- The Acid and Base instructions link to Sigma-Aldrich website/mobile website to display relevant acid or base products.
- General molarity and solution dilution options feature molar, millimolar, micromolar, picomolar and femtomolar concentration options.
- The iPad version includes option to save and email acid and base solution preparation instructions.
Normality calculations assume reactions based on H+ or OH- ions.
Concentration of 56.6% ammonium hydroxide is equivalent to 28% ammonia (NH3).
Additional calculation details may be found with online web version at http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/molarity.
Calculations made easy!
Great app- clean and easy to use interface. App developer needs to add the function to hide keyboard as it get in the way when trying to click on the "calculate" button. Apart from that brilliant app for the lazy scientist! ;)
Just the app I need for some simple calculation for an electronic background guy doing biosensors research which involves chemical.
Time to have an update for iPhone 5 support and higher resolution :p
- Category: Utilities
- Released: 16 March 2011
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 2.1 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Sigma-Aldrich
- © 2011 Sigma-Aldrich Co.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.