By Moleskine Srl
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Your best ideas everywhere - Moleskine journals, re-imagined for limitless creativity, productivity and passion.
The look and feel are classic Moleskine; the digital capabilities are inspiring. Enjoy all the things you usually do with your Moleskine journals, and send your creations out into the world, page after page.
Created with input by a team of artists, designers and other Moleskine enthusiasts like you, the all-new digital Moleskine Journal features the attributes you cherish most in Moleskine tools: simplicity and elegance.
NEW: Traveller's and Recipe Passion Journals now join the previously available Wine Journal, creating a more complete series of your favorite Passion Journals, faithfully reproduced in digital format (in-app purchase, iPad version only).
Passion Journals appear in your Moleskine Journal library alongside your other journals. Once you purchase a Passion Journal directly off the shelf it becomes part of your library collection, letting you create unlimited editions of your favorite passions!
If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions, please feel free to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries will be read and replied to. Thank you and we hope you enjoy this latest edition.
Moleskine Journal Features:
• Classic Moleskine style
• Signature Inner Pocket to store favorite images and text. Includes image import and access to the built-in camera
• Portrait and landscape modes, with double-spread view unique to Moleskine Journal
• Classic Moleskine paper selection—plain, ruled, squared—plus templates from the popular Weekly Planner, Storyboard Notebook
• Artist toolset (paintbrush, Moleskine pencil, Moleskine pen, highlighter), all with size control and full-spectrum color picker available on-the-fly
• Fully-featured color picker gives full artistic control, with value slide, opacity slide, custom swatch library and Moleskine’s ivory-color paper background for easier color selection
• Text tools for productivity and creativity with all iOS-available fonts, color picker, opacity and size control on-the-fly
• Classic Moleskine ribbon bookmark
• Multiple undo and redo
• Easy image import from your photo library or take new photos with the built-in camera
• Easy project sharing via email, Facebook and Twitter
• Easy sync to Evernote and backup to Dropbox
• Unlimited page-adding capability—never run out of room.
• View entire journal at once in an editable page thumbnails view
• Fully editable library in thumbnail and list mode
• Unlimited journal creation capability—make as many journals as you like!
• Intuitive Apple iOS gestures such as pinch and spread, 2-finger scroll and page flip
Enjoy your Moleskine Journal.
What's New in Version 2.1.2
New Feature: Support for Pencil by FiftyThree®.
Now you can use Pencil by FiftyThree in the Moleskine Journal and enjoy a new way of expressing yourself.
Drawing: Pencil is especially useful when selecting the Moleskine brush tool and moving the tip width selector to its smallest width setting - using this tool and width combination Pencil’s unique tip can create lines of various width simply by angling Pencil and drawing in broader strokes. This new integration provides a seamless and more creative control.
Eraser: Instead of selecting the eraser tool simply flip the Pencil and use the built-in eraser tip.
Pencil by FiftyThree - the perfect creative companion for your Moleskine Journal app.
Great concept, appalling implementation
I do a lot of note taking and the Moleskine cahier notepad is probably the best companion of my restless mind after wine. When I saw the app I thought “What a great idea!”. I checked the app feature list. Enticing! How could it go wrong, I thought? And installed it.
Unfortunately what I found answered that question very quickly: a bad implementation will ruin the best of ideas. A great concept, from a great company, turned wrong.
Let me explain.
What I loved most about the cahier was it straight forwardness: open, jot, close, done. I should expect the same simplicity from the app, right? I couldn’t be farther from the truth. Their dev team just managed to turn every single function into an example of how not to do user friendliness. Some examples: a) export to evernote: you type a text and instead of exporting it, it exports a **png** of the text (what will you do with it?); b) the list of evernote notebooks appears as a single line so its really cumbersome to find what you want if you have many of them; c) functions are clunky and non-intuitive, even simple things like turning a page is different from most other note taking apps; d) all seems to be designed for good looks instead of usability. And the list goes on…
I tried really hard to use it because I would love to have that psychological continuity between my paper cahiers and digital notes. But after one day I had to give up.
What a pity!
This is actually a great app
I very rarely write reviews but I cannot understand the negative reviews about this app. I love moleskine products and find this digital version is of the high standard we expect.
It is the only app that would get me away from the physical books!
It does take a little time to get used to it but as a weekly planner journal it is excellent.
Don't be put off and give it a try....it's free as well!!
It would get 5 stars if you could sync between iPad and iPhone it's the only thing missing.
Great concept, poor implementation
What a pity such a great looking app is barely useable. So frustrating trying to fathom out how it's supposed to work. Just gave up in the end. Developers must have spent weeks on working out how best to frustrate potential users.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 26 January 2016
- Version: 2.1.2
- Size: 115 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Moleskine S.r.l.
- © 2016, Moleskine SpA
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Interactive Traveller's Journal£2.29
- Wine Journal£2.29
- Recipe Journal£2.29