By Serum Network GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Issue 26 of the Berlin based interview magazine “mono.kultur” is dedicated to Manfred Eicher, the mastermind behind the highly prestigious jazz and classic label ECM Records. In a high-minded and challenging conversation, Manfred Eicher talked with Bernd Kuchenbeiser about sound, silence and everything inbetween.
Exclusive iPad content:
· Numerous video extracts of films by Heinz Bütler, Manfred Eicher and Jean-Luc Godard, featuring “Sounds and Silence – Travels with Manfred Eicher” a documentary by Peter Guyer and Norbert Wiedmer
· Numerous audio tracks accompanying the interview
Founded in 1969, ECM have by now released more than 1,000 albums, many of which were produced by Manfred Eicher personally. Based in Munich, Germany, ECM has a long history of reviving and tirelessly promoting the avant-garde of contemporary Jazz, hosting the likes of Keith Jarrett, Jan Garbarek or Pat Metheny. In 1984, Eicher expanded into contemporary classical music with his line ECM New Series, releasing seminal works by Arvo Pärt or Steve Reich. Both imprints have changed the face of their respective genres forever, due to the audacious release schedule, the high production standards and the aesthetic appearance of the label.
- Category: Books
- Released: 14 June 2011
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 350 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Developer: Serum Network GmbH
- © mono.kultur, ECM Records and the authors and artists
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.