Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Designed for video editors, Motion is a powerful motion graphics tool that makes it easy to create cinematic 2D and 3D titles, fluid transitions, and realistic effects in real time.
2D and 3D Titles
• Build 3D titles from scratch, design them with easy-to-use templates, or instantly convert any existing 2D title to 3D
• Easily create beautiful titles that you can animate with drag-and-drop behaviors and intuitive text animation tools
• Choose from a large collection of text styles to create stunning designs in one click
• Customize 3D titles to create endless looks with over 90 Apple-designed 3D materials including various metal, wood, and stone surfaces
• Vector-based characters scale, skew, and rotate with pristine sharpness, while the modern engine in Motion lets you design in real-time
• Quickly animate text on or off the screen by choosing from more than 100 behaviors, including Type On and Blur Out
• Save any title and access it directly in Final Cut Pro
Motion Graphics for Final Cut Pro
• Customize Final Cut Pro titles, effects, and transitions by opening them in Motion
• Build stunning 2D and 3D compositions with more than 1900 royalty-free Apple-designed elements
• Make adjustments to any parameter during playback and instantly see results
• Create Smart Motion Templates with any combination of single parameters and rigs, which let you control a group of parameters with a simple slider, pop-up menu, or checkbox in Final Cut Pro
• Use the intuitive keyframe tools in Motion for precise control of the timing and position of all the elements in your animation
• Choose from more than 230 behaviors for natural-looking motion without programming
• Track a moving object in a video clip with the point tracking and match move feature
• Create an accurate chroma key in a single step with the Keying filter
• Use SmoothCam to eliminate camera jitters and image stabilization to smooth bumpy shots
• Create your own paintbrushes and 3D strokes or use one of 140 brush presets
• Design your own particle emitters or choose from 200 presets for real-world effects such as smoke and sparkles
• Choose a circle or rectangle mask or use the bezier and freehand mask tools to quickly draw and adjust control points for rotoscoping
• Harness a thriving ecosystem of third-party FxPlug plug-ins with custom interfaces for tasks like advanced tracking, color correction, and more
• Transition from 2D to 3D space by adding a camera or cameras to any 2D project
• Set up realistic shadows that animate dynamically with the movement of cameras and lights
• Track objects or groups of objects with drag-and-drop ease by applying the Camera Framing behavior
• Selectively define focus as an object moves in 3D space
• Turn any shape, video plane, or paint stroke into a reflective surface in 3D space
Breakthrough Speed, Quality, and Output
• GPU optimizations to speed up playback and rendering, with dual-GPU support for blazing performance on Mac Pro
• Import wide color images, view them on supported Mac computers, and then export in standard Rec. 709 or wide Rec. 2020 color space
• 64-bit architecture supports deeper, multilayered effects for use in Final Cut Pro
• Export projects to Apple devices and publish directly to popular websites such as Vimeo and YouTube
• Deliver ProRes 4444 video for uncompressed quality at reduced file sizes
• Send to Compressor to access advanced options for custom encoding
System Requirements: OS X 10.11.4 or later, 4GB of RAM (8GB recommended for 4K editing and 3D titles), OpenCL-capable graphics card or Intel HD Graphics 3000 or later, 256MB of VRAM (1GB recommended for 4K editing and 3D Titles), 4.8GB of disk space (3.6GB app, 1.2GB supplemental content).
Some features require Internet access; fees may apply. Blu-ray recorder required for burning Blu-ray discs.
What's New in Version 5.3
• Redesigned dark interface puts the focus on your motion graphics
• Updated arrangement of icons streamlines the Motion interface
• Window layouts are now optimized for portable Mac computers and desktop displays
• Images are now viewable in wide color on supported Mac computers and external displays
• Import, edit, and deliver video in standard Rec. 709 or in wide Rec. 2020 color spaces
• Support for the Touch Bar on MacBook Pro lets you easily adjust key attributes like kerning and text color
• Timeline overview in the Touch Bar lets you view your entire project at a glance and navigate with touch
• Improved Link behavior lets you link attributes such as width and height to drive animation automatically
• New Align To behavior lets you easily connect and animate multiple objects without keyframing
• Improved environment reflection controls allow for more realistic 3D text rendering with anisotropy, which changes the appearance of an object based on angle of view
• More realistic brushed metal surfaces enhance 3D text
• Improved performance when playing and adjusting 3D text
• New arrow cursor shape
• Support for Stickers format when exporting image sequences
• Additional Stickers project templates
• Support for Live Photos
• Play Selection command
Incredible and crazy for such a low price.
I don’t know why no one has left a review. This piece of software is a very very powerful tool to be used in conjunction with other video editors such as final cut pro and imovie.
This humble priced piece of software will do visual effects up to a standard and quality you would get from software that would normally cost you thousands.
All I can say is this. If you want to do some cool and impressive video efx from simple to complex with 3d animation etc etc. Then this is the package for you. It is the best £40 I ever spent. Do not for one moment think that this package is not upto the other packages worth £thousands. This really is quite incredible for the price.
TERIBLE DONT UPGRADE - APPLE HAVE SCREWED US
How have apple release such unstable operating system and at the same time made their proffesional apps unusable! It is a disgrace, might as well be using windows. Motion crashes constantaly at least twice every 40mins. I’ve given up on sending the crash reports if I wasnt in the middle of two animations that I started after upgrading. I would have trashed this stupid app and down graded back to the previous operating system which doesnt lock up on the top of the range latest 5k iMac.
I have the latest Mac, latest MacOS, latest version of this software, but it crashes every 10 minutes making it near unsuable.
- Category: Video
- Updated: 27 October 2016
- Version: 5.3
- Size: 2.31 GB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Developer: Apple Distribution International
- © 2011-2016
Compatibility: OS X 10.11.4 or later, 64-bit processor