By Viridian Housing
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Are you a tenant living in social housing looking to move home?
The MoveMaker app connects social housing tenants with other social housing tenants wanting to move homes and form a home swap (known as a mutual exchange).
With MoveMaker it’s easy to register, create your property profile and start searching for properties. MoveMaker provides you with information such as the quality of schools and distance to hospitals, supermarkets and tube stations to give you a good idea of the local area. A match happens when two people like each other’s homes. It’s only at this point you can start chatting with your match to find out more details on each others properties, arrange a viewing and decide if you want to swap. This unique feature means you won’t spend time endlessly trying to contact someone who is not interested in your home.
• Simple registration – it’s easy to create an account and load your property profile.
• Photo upload – you can take photos of your property to upload to your property listing without leaving the app!
• Bedroom calculator – the in-app bedroom calculator will match you to properties to suit the number of people in your home.
• Local area information – see information on the distance to local schools, GP’s, hospitals, bus stops, tube stations, supermarkets and the quality of schools in your search area.
• Map view – view your search area on a map.
• Easy to indicate your interest in a property – selecting Yes indicates your interest in a property and sends a notification to the current tenant to let them know.
• Homes I Like list – all the properties you like will be saved to this list.
• Who Likes My Home list – all the properties where someone likes your home will be saved to this list.
• My Matches – all the properties where you like each other homes will be saved to this list.
• In-app chat – you can chat with people on your My Matches list via the in-app chat function.
• Agreeing to a swap – a simple click of the button - I want to swap with this user confirms your agreement to a swap. This sends a notification to your landlord who will get in touch with you to finalise your swap.
• In-app notifications – you’ll be notified when someone likes your property and if someone has sent you a message.
• Contact Us – you can easily contact us by sending us a message via contact us in the app.
Whatever your reason for moving, MoveMaker is here to help you find your perfect property match!
At MoveMaker we want to make the process of finding a home swap as simple as possible so that more people can be living in a home that’s right for them. If you’ve found a home swap using MoveMaker or have any ideas you’d like to share get in touch at email@example.com or tweet us @movemakerapp
What's New in Version 1.514
UI improvements, bug fixes
Non existent postcode
Will not accept my postcode or my previous ones. They apparently don't exist, also I cannot type my full address manually. So I cannot sign up at all as won't allow me to.