Mr Thorne Does Phonics HD: Alphabet Series
By Mr Thorne Productions
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Introducing Mr Thorne Does Phonics HD: Alphabet Series; 28 episodes of Youtube star Mr Thorne teaching the letters and sounds of the alphabet in the classroom, filmed by Emmy Award winning producer Sam Whittaker.
Over 2 hours of #phonics videos to support learning to read.
27 videos focusing on an individual GPC (grapheme/phoneme correspondence) through the alphabet:
a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i, j, k, l, m, n, o, p, q, r, s, t, u, v, w, x, y, z and the digraph ck.
Each episode includes a lesson taught by Mr Thorne and a visit to Geraldine the Giraffe’s House and follows the Letters and Sounds/Synthetic Phonics approach to learning to read and spell.
Sounds are taught as phonemes and letters are taught as graphemes and the focus is on reading the whole word; the /b/ is shown at the start, middle and end of words (bat, rabbit, tab).
Recorded in HD, the videos have then been reduced in file size to fit onto this app.
These episodes are an excellent way for your children to begin their reading journey so that learning to read will become reading to learn.
* "I can not say enough wonderful things about Mr. Thorne and Geraldine! You are awesome and my students are so excited and ready to learn from you!" *
* "My first graders love these videos. I use them weekly before the phonics lesson. They ask for them everyday but I only use it to introduce the sound.” *
* "Keep the videos coming!!!!!!! I have 6 very autistic children who are actually excited about phonics!!! YAY!!!” *
Wonderful Educational TV
Mr Thorne has created a marvellous series of episodes here. Educational and fun!
- Category: Education
- Released: 05 February 2016
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 685 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Christopher Thorne
- © Christopher Thorne Productions Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.