The Munros app gives you access to a whole wrath of information on all 282 of Scotland’s Munros in a clean easy to use interface. Our app links directly to our website www.climbthemunros.co.uk to give you all the information you need for a day out on the hills at your finger tips!
The app offers the following features:
• Filterable/Sort-able list of all 282 Munros. Filter by climbed/not-climbed. Sort-able by height, distance, region or alphabetical name.
• In-depth overviews and descriptions for all Munros.
• Road, Satellite and OS map views for all Munros and Munro regions.
• Images for the Munros which have been added by other users on climbthemunros.co.uk.
• User comments for the Munro left by other users of the Munros app and climbthemunros.co.uk.
• Gaelic translations for those tricky Munro Names!
• Real time distances between your current location and the summit.
• Interactivity with climbthemunros.co.uk to maintain a log of hills climbed. The app can be synced to/from the climbthemunros website.
• Keep your own private comments and dates from your day on the hills. Can enter multiple dates for repeat rounds.
• Links to Munro weather forecasts from MWIS and the Met Office.
• Munro count and overall completion status display on main page.
• View previous displayed Munros easily from the main page.
• Images for all Munros
This App is the modern day tick list for all Munro baggers and walkers and a must for anyone who loves getting out into Scotland’s fantastic hills!
Revamp of the app layout to accommodate latest iPhone/iPad models.
Much more OS mapping integration.
Updated mountain weather forecast external links.
Added more Munro analytics to track your Munro status.
Ratings and Reviews
Ok app, but can't sync data
Like the idea of this app, however it constantly crashes so I have to re-input info, and no longer syncs at all with my online account. When it did sync a few months ago, it didn't sync my comments - being able to save comments was one of the main reasons I started using this app. Would also be good to add functionality to export data into a spreadsheet.
This app is brilliant - best app available for British hill walkers. I enjoy the easy use of the OS map and satellite image feature. Crashes regularly though.
Ok but could be improved
This is a good app with potential to be great with a few tweaks. It nicely shows you where the Munros are that you haven't done to let you quickly and easily plan a trip out. To improve it further:
1. It needs an option to allow the user to input the data for multiple mountains at once. So if I have done the South Glenshiel Ridge in a day with my mate Steve in bad weather, I should be able to multiple select the mountains and add the date and details in one go.
2. I'd like to sort the Munros by the date I did them which is not an option. So if Steve asks what we did on a particular trip, I can quickly bring it up. This could also be used for graphing of activity just like the UKCC website will do.
Other than that, all good so far.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.