Music Studio Lite
By Alexander Gross
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Music Studio offers a complete music production environment for the iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch with features and a sound quality previously only known to desktop applications and expensive audio hardware.
It combines a piano keyboard, 11 studio-quality instruments (118 in the full version), a fully fledged 127-track sequencer, extensive note editing, reverb, real-time effects and much more on a user-friendly interface.
AWARDS & REVIEWS OF THE FULL VERSION
• "A recent composition of mine started on the iPhone with Music Studio" - Jason Hayes, lead composer of "World of Warcraft"
• "GarageBand on your iDevice" - TouchMyApps.com
• "Music Studio is loaded to the brim with features and is a no brainer for composers" - AppAdvice.com
• "If you’re at all serious about your music you can’t really afford to miss out on this app." - razorianfly.com
• "Music Studio justifies the purchase of an iDevice if you're really into it." - appfreakblog.com
• Awards from BestAppEver.com, iPhoneAppsPlus.com, apps4idevices, Palm Sounds
• Photorealistic, dynamically configurable 60-key keyboard (85 in the full version)
• Instant positioning via the slide gesture and resize with the pinch gesture
• Drum pads, chord pads and chord programming
• 11 studio-recorded instruments (16bit 44.1kHz sampled from real instruments)
• Release and attack time configurable per instrument
• Sustain samples
• Pitch bend wheel and accelerometer control
• Audio tracks:
• Microphone recording
• AudioCopy & AudioPaste
• iPod library or wav/mp3/AAC/ogg file import
• Waveform and audio region editing
• Record up to 24 channels simultaneously with CoreAudio (class compliant) hardware
• Sampler to a create custom instrument or kit from audio files and recordings
• Background audio playback and recording
• Low-latency, highly optimized, 128x polyphony, battery saving audio engine
• 10 drum loops
• High-quality reverb, resonant filter, compressor and limiter effects
• 127-track sequencer
• Beat & metronome settings (tempo, signature)
• Mute, solo, effect bus, pan and volume adjustment for each track
• Edit tracks, bars and even individual notes:
Draw, quantize, transpose, repeat, move, length, velocity, etc.
• Unlimited undo and redo
• Detailed in-app help
• Play or record 2 different instruments at the same time with 2 keyboard rows
• iPhone and iPad Retina Display supported
• Compatible with CoreAudio
LIMITATIONS OF THE LITE VERSION
• Saving, exporting and sharing is disabled, hence only one song can be created
• Only 11 instead of 118 instruments are available
• The number of audio tracks is limited to 2 (up to 127 in the full version)
• Only 1 user instrument or kit can be created (unlimited in the full version)
• The keyboard is limited to 5 octaves instead of 7 (85 keys)
• 6 Effects are not available: Delay, EQ, Amp, Phaser, BitCrusher, StereoWidener
• Only 10 instead of 100 beats
• The full version features iTunes file sharing and a WiFi server for exchanging files with your computer.
• MIDI import/export is disabled.
• The full version supports Audiobus and Inter-App Audio.
• No add-on packages (+60 instruments)
• Only the full version supports CoreMIDI and MIDI hardware.
Visit the forum at www.xewton.com - Questions, feedback and bug reports are welcome!
Video tutorials are available on the Xewton YouTube channel.
What's New in Version 2.8
Support us with your 5 star review to help keep the updates coming! Version 2.8 includes bug features and minor improvements.
Improve Music Studio by reporting bugs and feature requests to the forum at www.xewton.com, we can't reply if you post them as a review.
Seems pretty good to me only just started using it but it's very useable and I recommend anyone who writes music to get it and thank you very much for creating this app massive respect to you. Daz
- Category: Music
- Updated: 03 April 2017
- Version: 2.8
- Size: 226 MB
- Languages: English, French
- Developer: Alexander Gross
- © 2017 Xewton GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.