Note: This free version is supported by ads. To remove advertisements, use the in-app purchase to upgrade or buy the paid version, Music Tutor Plus from the App Store.
Learn to read sheet music and improve your sight-reading skills with Music Tutor. Develop your speed and accuracy in reading sheet music by identifying music notes in timed sessions. Choose to practice with notes in treble, bass and alto clefs in timed or untimed sessions. After each test, you can review your mistakes and see your progress.
Other features of Music Tutor include:
• Custom Practice Range - Set your own range of notes that you want to practice with.
• Supports notes up to 4 ledger lines above or below the staff on any of the clefs.
• Notes Reference Charts - For Treble, Bass and Alto clefs.
• MIDI Support - Connect your keyboard or digital piano using Lightning to USB Camera Adapter and respond directly from your instrument.
• Companion Apple Watch app using which you can practice recognising music notes on the go.
Ratings and Reviews
Nice App with Great Support
Music Tutor is exactly what I was looking for when it comes to learning to read music. But I really bought this for my 7 year old daughter, who loves it too — and her note recognition is coming on in leaps & bounds.
Support from the developer was also excellent when I had a problem installing Music Tutor on my daughters iPad — problem solved in less than 2 hours. Tip: If you’re planning to use family sharing to install this on another persons device don’t buy the in-app purchase, instead buy Music Tutor Plus 👍🏻
Glockenspiel to Flute
I’m a glockenspiel player and before this app for ten years I played without reading a single piece of sheet music. Learned by ear.
Now I’m learning flute.
It is VERY difficult as I switch to and fro with playing styles and basically learning another language. (sheet music)
And my god this app has helped so much with learning. Ten times faster, such a genius way to teach.
I’ve suggested this app to many other musician friends. Thankyou!
I think that this is a great app because it’s very useful in the way it has more than just the bass and treble clefs. I also find it helpful when you get a note wrong it tells you and then and the end of the session you get a score because then you can use it to improve your speed. My only criticism is that it’s a bit repetitive in that there isn’t a great range of activities included in the app.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- JSplash Apps
- 25.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012-2018 JSplash Studios Pvt. Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Music Tutor Plus Upgrade £1.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.