Welcome to The Mussila Music School!
Based on a musical curriculum this adventurous and creative game gives you the basic skills and tools to play and create your own music – with no experience required! Music is a universal language where no words are needed. The player progresses through skill building levels in a variety of games that focus on ear training, music theory, rhythm and melody with the aim of giving the player a solid musical foundation. Mussila is an exciting adventure that offers an easy entry into the world of music.
Mussila is designed to teach kids the principles of music through a fun game. Research shows that music education at an early age can boost brain development and preliminary surveys have shown that Mussila significantly speeds up the learning progress in music, with Mussila players scoring 20,2% higher in music theory compared to a non-playing comparison group. Mussila is based on a thoroughly planned curriculum, made to encourage the child’s self-esteem through accomplishment and fun play. It is a zero violence and gender-neutral adventure in which your child gains musical understanding they can build on for life.
Define rhythms by ear
Define melody by ear
Learn to recognise the instruments
Keyboard-Learn to play the piano
Get introduced to classical composers
Engaging skill building levels
Participate in interactive jam sessions
Customize the Mussila band
Catch a melody and travel through space
Make your own loops and beats
Record your voice and sounds from your surroundings
Create your own remixes of Mussila songs
Experiment with melodies and rhythms
Scratch the ‘vinyls’
The developers of Mussila are a dynamic group of people with background from the arts, music and technology. Based in Iceland, many traits of their Nordic home-country can be found in the scenes of Mussila, with volcanoes, lava and glacial rivers, all playing an integral part in the game’s storytelling. Rosamosi game studio was founded by Margrét Juliana Sigurdardottir, a DipRAM postgraduate from the Royal Academy of Music in London, and computer engineer Hilmar Thor Birgisson, an avid game player and developer. After receiving grants from The Icelandic Technology Fund and the Nordic Game Institute, they set up their talented team in 2015 with the aim of revolutionising music education by means of gaming and joyful approach. Rosamosi believes in music making being part of our everyday lives and that music education should be available for everyone.
Rosamosi is a part of Kids App Collective, a unique group of award winning app developers. Their Mussila app and the team has won numerous awards around the world. Their first game was nominated to the Nordic Game Awards 2017, Margret Juliana was Founder of the year for Iceland in the Nordic Startup Awards and won the GWIIN awards for education and research in 2017.
This version enhances the Mussila adventure, as it deepens and grows even more exciting. The update will expand the user experience and greatly enhance and enrich the educational value of the game. Mussila now includes 5 adventure games, each of which has their own musical approach.
1. The Magical Island
The main game, called Magical Island, is broken into four different paths; Volcano, Glacier, Desert and Forest. The Volcanic landscape focuses on melody, while you learn to recognize a variety of instruments within the glacier. In the clear, wide-open space of the desert the player learns to define rhythm. Each player earns stars while taking on these exciting challenges on the Mussila Island.
2. The Magical Forest-keyboard: The player has a chance to test his hard-earned skills by playing a song’s melody on the keyboard. A musical notation is shown on the screen. It starts out with a small and a simple melody but gets harder as the user progresses. The user is not required to know how to play an on-screen keyboard as Mussila will always be there to guide him through learning the melodies. When purchased this game is added to the skill building games of the Magical Island.
3. Mussila Planets: An adventurous tilt and tap game that takes the player on a journey between exotic planets, all the way from space down into the deep and mysterious sea. Along the way the player is faced with musical challenges such as catching the melody and avoiding the bad notes. The game includes original songs and a new arrangement of Beethoven´s Fur Elise.
4. Mussila DJ: This game encourages the players to create their own musical soundscape and to remix existing songs. Mussila DJ comes with a set of songs, loops and beats, which kids can add to by recording and creating their own. Capture sounds from the environment and voices through the microphone and add them to the collection of vinyls and loops. Layer them for a live musical performance and vary the speed and volumes – and scratch – like a real DJ!
5. Mussila Jam session: Each Jam session sets a different adventure scene and a fresh new song that serves as a musical playground for users together with the Mussila-band. In Mussila Jam Sessions users are able to fully customize and arrange their own musical creations by swapping in and out instruments that are being played and play on percussive instruments.
With this update the adventure deepens and grows into a world full of music.
Ratings and Reviews
love the game!
It helped my children to learn and read music
Fun music for kids
Music is fun
Waw i learned alot
- Rosamosi ehf.
- 200.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Rosamosi ehf.
- In-App Purchases
- Forest- Keyboard £2.99
- Mussila Planets £2.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.